Got a price on glass WTF

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Only 1 person I have contacted so far and got a 800 Canadian price for a rear windshield for my 74 Duster WTF,.:pale:

Did you try kijiji? I would think someone up there has parted out a duster and has parts laying around. Did you try contacting some of our Canadien members to see if they can help?

Did you try kijiji? I would think someone up there has parted out a duster and has parts laying around. Did you try contacting some of our Canadien members to see if they can help?

Na have not tryed,here in canada the winters are tough,just figured it would have dons of road rash.

Road rash on the back window of a car?? I lived in Ontario for several years and I don't recall seeing cars driving in reverse down highways or city streets above a couple of mph. Have driving styles changed there recently?

Most folks get three quotes on whatever project they need to have done/do. If the first one seems high then it's even more reason to use google (www.google.com) to see what some other prices are instead of instantly claiming how unfairly you are being treated.

Road rash on the back window of a car?? I lived in Ontario for several years and I don't recall seeing cars driving in reverse down highways or city streets above a couple of mph. Have driving styles changed there recently?
my back window has a few scratches...but that's from a little carelessness while sanding the trunk lid lol.

at least with back windows being tempered you don't have to worry about cracks

Most folks get three quotes on whatever project they need to have done/do. If the first one seems high then it's even more reason to use google (www.google.com) to see what some other prices are instead of instantly claiming how unfairly you are being treated.

Ya there are lots of nutsooooo, but you forgot winter with salt,sand, ice, the chipping thing are all tough on glass.:wack:

Only 1 person I have contacted so far and got a 800 Canadian price for a rear windshield for my 74 Duster WTF,.:pale:

Maybe because you asked for a very rare rear windshield...

Rear glass from AMD-70-76 Duster Demon Dart Sport Back Glass (Tinted)
Part# 660-1370-T Retail Price: $259.99
Availability: In Stock In Stock

Weight: 28.00 lbs

Shipping Dims: 59.00"L x 5.00"W x 30.00"H

Oversize Fee: $19.95

Buy the glass yourself and have a mobile glass guy install it, if you don't feel you do it yourself.

Yes, he won't charge you for the cracks... :glasses7:

J/K... :D
U U U GUY LOL the thing i have a very good rear glass,but it has the defrost lines,not to purrdy I dont drive winter.:wack:BUT HEY IF THE WEATHER KEEPS GOING WARM WHO KNOWSSSSSSSSSSSSS.:wack:

Back glass does not crack. It shatters into a million little pieces. Ask me how I know. Lol.

Okay, I'll bite.

How do you know?

lol

Well, while the short answer is obvious, I will eleborate... I had one stored in my garage for years. Walking by it, even bumped it a few times. I had gotten it in a deal with other glass and thought it was nicer than the one in the car, so held onto it. When the time came to do the new gasket I figured I would clean both and use the best one. It was sitting on styrofoam. Went to pick it up and a corner touched the concrete. It was really kind of amazing how it was a lot like watching when they implode a building and it ends up mostly in a pile of rubble.

Anyway, to the OP. Snake- That price is ridiculous. At least around here, these are still in junk yards and they are usually in really decent shape. Unlike the front which always has delamination fog around the edges. Wish I was closer and had not already put my new gasket on. I'd love to have a rear defrost.

If your interested... I have a complete set of tinted glass with a brand new windshield.
Being honest, I'd prefer to sell it as a set. Nice & close.... lol

-
Back