Got an unusual sandwich combo?

-
Just made a turkey on 8 grain with lettuce and some cranberry sauce on the side for the wife. Gotta keep her fed so she can work and make money for retirement. :poke: :lol:

Tuna fish and egg salad on rye bread. Tuna on one slice and egg salad on the other slice put them together..yummy..

Old family recipe for "hot sandwiches" - kaiser roll ,cooked ham, mayo, sliced tomatos, sliced green olives , oregano , salt&pepper ,swiss chesse, wrap in aluminum foil and cook in the oven @350 for 20 minutes.

I have been eating the same sandwich for lunch for the last 3 years.
Pulled rotisserie chicken, walnuts, cranberries, celery, homemade mayo. Sourdough bread with homemade cranberry sauce spread.
My coworkers commend me on my dedication. Hey, when you find "it" why change.

Going back to when I was a kid, which was a LONG time ago. It was a meat-goo sandwich. You take leftover beef or pork roast, along with onions and sweet pickles, and grind them up in a hand grinder or one run by a KitchenAid mixer. Add in enough Miracle Whip to make it fluid, and have at it on white bread. To die for. :thumbsup:

Going back to when I was a kid, which was a LONG time ago. It was a meat-goo sandwich. You take leftover beef or pork roast, along with onions and sweet pickles, and grind them up in a hand grinder or one run by a KitchenAid mixer. Add in enough Miracle Whip to make it fluid, and have at it on white bread. To die for. :thumbsup:

That’s a good sandwich right there^^^^

My mom would make sandwiches of diced black olives with mayo on toasted sour dough with salt and pepper.

A go to is Butter, cinnamon and sugar on wheat that’s not toasted.

My pops would put mayo and smoked mussels on saltine crackers

My mom would make sandwiches of diced black olives with mayo on toasted sour dough with salt and pepper.

A go to is Butter, cinnamon and sugar on wheat that’s not toasted.

My pops would put mayo and smoked mussels on saltine crackers
add a few slices of apple to the butter cinnamon and sugar and toast the whole deal to get a make shift apple pie sammich

Mom used to eat cheese & jelly samiches.

American or provolone, iirc, and grape jelly.

Sounds bad and good somehow.

Trying to convince the kid that we should give it a try in her honor.

Good old PB&J Now not just any PB&J, but a Paul Bunyan sandwich. The difference? When you see that sticky dark purple bruise seeping through the bread, you know you have a Paul Bunyan sammich!! Alright!!

My dad would make a PBJ with bologna.…. Its not bad.

Another thing he did, he would sit at the kitchen table all night drinking instant coffee and doing crosswords.
When he got hungry, he would make some toast and then lay some bologna on top of the toaster to catch the heat outta the top and left the toaster greasy. It made my mom so mad.

We always have 3 or 4 hot dog buns left over after we've had hot dogs. In the few days after, I'll take a hot dog bun, open it up and apply mayonnaise. Then I'll take 4 or 5 Tommy Toes (Cherry tomatoes to non-Southerner's) and plunk them down in the bun. I call them Tommy Dogs, but all the heck it is, is a mater sammich!

Grandpa used to make a sandwich of aged white cheddar cheese—just sliced, not melted—and good quality peanut butter (the kind that contains peanuts and nothing else).

He was right; that's a good sandwich.
Publix, Brother. They grind their own PB in the deli, No Additional ingredients. And it's actually a bargain, I think. It's definitely the Real Deal!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…

Why in the WORLD add the MAYO????? I don’t mind mayo but no way with PB and banana.

That made my stomach hurt worse than it already did.
A bro and I split a steak sub, he got extra mayonnaise. The lady packed it wrong.... ugh. 1 bite Nasty Crap......

My grandparents lived next door when I was a kid.
My grandma would make me sugar sandwiches...white bread, butter and granulated sugar. What kid would say "no" to that?
I remember getting ten like that, warmed , open face, with a Lil cinnamon! Was best w/ rasin bread, but didn't always come that way. GOD , I MISS MY FAMILY..

I always make a peanut butter sammich, plain, just peanut butter and then I dip it in Pepsi or mountain dew ... yum

Old family recipe for "hot sandwiches" - kaiser roll ,cooked ham, mayo, sliced tomatos, sliced green olives , oregano , salt&pepper ,swiss chesse, wrap in aluminum foil and cook in the oven @350 for 20 minutes.

I'd try that! I like Beef Brisket, with a Vinegar / Mustard base sauce, on a giant toasted bun/ roll. Also anything with melted cheese! Lol.

One of the local Mexican restaurants has a Philly Cheesesteak Burrito on the menu and it is soooo good :D
If ya think about it, the stuffing in a cheesesteak is almost the same as Fajitas, a tasty Mexican dish.
Fajitas don't generally have melty cheese.

-
Back