Got my dart back from media blaster!

-

mattsmopars

Reaction score
Well i got the dart back from the media blaster this past week. I said that i would post a few pictures so here you go. I have it in blak epoxy primer well. One thing about it i got the media that they used in every crack and corner. I will post some more pictures later. I beleave that i will be blowing out the cracks on this thing when the final roll is called up yonder!

P1004459.jpg

P1004460.jpg

P1004461.jpg

P1004462.jpg

P1004463.jpg

To be truthful i am not for sure.I do know that he used 2 different types.One for the outside and one for the underside and inside.

Looks super. Keep us informed with your progress.
C

looking good. i wish i had mine blasted. would have saved me lota time. sitll sanding.

If the weather is nice out, Load it on a trailer, mounted to the rotisserie. Go on the highway and drive about 5-10 miles, turn the car over and repeat a few times. Kick it up on a side too. Takes a bit of time, but, wind at 55 and constantly changing position will get a bunch of the media out of the tough areas to reach.

Looks great

Looks great. What did it run ya and where are you located?

I am located in middle,TN. It runs around $1200.00 for a complete car inside and out. I did not have my hood done because i am going with an AAR fiberglass sixpack hood,so it was a little cheaper. The primer is extra of course. If you want to p.m. me i will give you the guy that did mine. I would give him 2 thumbs up on the blasting work that he did for me. Trust me stripping a car with sand paper and stripper might be cheaper, but it takes a lot longer and there are still places that you can't get. I wanted to do this car like this{media blasted} because i have stripped them with chemical stripper and sand paper before. So i saved my money and went ahead and had it done. I was very pleased with the results.Just a little dirty. :headbang:

A little far from Long Isladn New York to consider, but the price was worth knowing along with the amount of work done to it.
Thanks

yep. this is the way i'll be doing my 68 dart. except it will be soda blasted. very environmentally friendly.

A little far from Long Isladn New York to consider, but the price was worth knowing along with the amount of work done to it.
Thanks

Rob, There is a few guys listed in the Special Interest paper that are on the Island.

I love clean metal !

-
Back