Got my FBO distributor !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
The mail man left my latest toy today. Stage 2 custom curved Distributor and matching coil from Don at FBO. Nice looking pieces, Its the easiest spinning dist. Ive had too. I may toss it in this weekend but its set up for for my new cam and heads so the set up will be alittle off on my currant combo. :D

I have that same setup! It made a big improvement over the standard MP Distro it replaced. I am using his ECU also. It eliminated all the timing issues I had.

Cool. Ive heard nothing but good things about his ignition. Im using a 6AL box or I would have gone with his ECU too.

AdamR said:
Cool. Ive heard nothing but good things about his ignition. Im using a 6AL box or I would have gone with his ECU too.

Yea I was thinking 6AL too but he told me, he would put his box up against an MSD any day. Actually if I remember right he said box is better for low end torque where MSD boxes are better for high rpm applications.

AdamR said:
Stage 2 custom curved Distributor and matching coil from Don at FBO. Nice looking pieces.....

What is an FBO distributor? :scratch: And how does it compare to a full MSD system? I just bought a pro-billet and 6AL set-up and I thought that set-up was the ****?

Inquiring minds wanna know.... :|

John the MSD is a real nice piece. The FBO is a recurved stock distributor. He set them up for your cars combination for those of us who dont want to mess with bushings and springs.

We put the whole Stage II kit in my son's Dart. It works great. Don's coil puts out some serious spark.

I bought a Stage II mid last year. The car hasn't been on the road since the install (other issues). BUT, it starts and runs better than it EVER did with a Mopar Performance ignition system.

I especially like the way he custom curves your ignition for YOUR CAR. He even took the time to give me advice on how to get even MORE power out of my car.. :cheers:

Don had all sorts of suggestions for me. He wasnt very happy with my choice of fuel pump or carb.

He asked me too, but said I had plenty for the mild motor I've got.

72pgh Carter street/strip pump
3/8 Aluminum line
Holley regulator at carb set to 5.5 psi
Carter 625 4bbl

He did suggest I loose the Airgap intake and go with a Performer instead. Said I had too much intake for my smaller valve heads. Makes sense..but it looks SO COOL :mrgreen:

-
Back