Got my first "big boy box"

-

hemizach

Young Blood
Reaction score
Picked this combo tool chest up from Sears today... I have always had small boxes but needed something for work. Also got a 154 pc tool set to get me started on sockets and such. I still have a whole list of things that I need to buy, but slowly I will fill all of the drawers, haha. I think the guys at work should just be happy I am bringing my own stuff in.

It's like getting a new toy!

So far the list of things to get still is....
Screw Drivers
Center Punch
Body hammer (flat one)
Pliers
Straight Edge/Ruler
Clamps/Vice Grips
Extensions
And every standard wrench I can find up to 1" (kit only gives you 6)

If you guys can think of anything else let me know!

47126_1528422204664_1057978039_31507890_5127815_n.jpg

Congrat's Zach :cheers: Nothing better then getting a new start on a list of tools that will never end :happy10: Now keep it clean and organized :happy10: I am sure you are glad to have your own 8)

I agree with memike, keep it clean and organized and you will find working on stuff a lot more fun. Also every auction I have been to there has been tools of one way shape or form. Yes its always nice to have new, but if you get good quality used ones that are guaranteed for life you will save yourself a boatload of $$$

Looks like a good start! I am a member of the Craftsman tool club. I get email specials and prices, you might check into it!

A helpful hint...if its in your garage try to place it where it CANT be seen from the street by passing theives, I have two large roll around tool boxes and took some drawers out and drilled holes thru them and bolted both together and then bolted them to the work benches on both sides and to top that off they are bolted to the wall studs using long lag bolts.

A helpful hint...if its in your garage try to place it where it CANT be seen from the street by passing theives, I have two large roll around tool boxes and took some drawers out and drilled holes thru them and bolted both together and then bolted them to the work benches on both sides and to top that off they are bolted to the wall studs using long lag bolts.

It's just sitting there until work on tuesday and then I am moving it to work... Not worried about it at all in the Rod Shop.

I go to a local high performance swap meet once per month. At almost every space, someone is selling tools. Some are selling cheap crappy tools, but others have Craftsman, Snap On, etc. You can easily set yourself up with most everything you would need really in-expensively this way.

What I did was start with cheap tools, and then replace them as I could afford with higher quality. I would then keep the cheap tools for family members to use as hammers and throwing devices while assembling bicycles at Christmas time...8)

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

I go to a local high performance swap meet once per month. At almost every space, someone is selling tools. Some are selling cheap crappy tools, but others have Craftsman, Snap On, etc. You can easily set yourself up with most everything you would need really in-expensively this way.

What I did was start with cheap tools, and then replace them as I could afford with higher quality. I would then keep the cheap tools for family members to use as hammers and throwing devices while assembling bicycles at Christmas time...8)

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

haha very nice. Unfortunately there aren't any swap meets here at this point :angry7:

Looks like a SCORE.............. Buy them as you can afford them, you'll get set up... Some of my tools I've had since I was 15 (28 years ago).. I have the first oil filter wrench I ever bought, a K-D, bet I've lost that thing 100 times, I think it just follows me around because my tools are scattered everywhere...

Where's ToolManMike when you need him. Maybe he has some used stuff he could sell cheap?

-
Back