Got my heads ported

-
Ok John, let’s have it. We all value ur opinion. Kim

maybe you could explain what the numbers are. Is port 1 the before porting number and port 2 the after number?
I'm thinking he thinks that all the numbers are after porting and there is a 20,30 and almost 50cfm difference between ports on the heads...

I have an iPhone so I can stretch it bigger with my fingers and I’ll just say there is no way in hell that head flows 410cfm at .700.
although the # is a stretch, overall #'s look pretty good.
Time to put it on the track and see what it will do

As someone with a flow bench who is pretty familiar with Indy SR heads, the problem with the posted flow numbers starts with the “before” intake results.

A mildly cleaned up std port SR head doesn’t flow 358cfm.
Not even close.

The change from the “before” test to the “after” test shows about a 15% improvement....... which is reasonable.

What I usually see out of std port SR’s with a similar amount of work as the “before” pic is them flowing in the 300-310 range.
15% better than that is 345-356cfm........ which is about what I see from decently ported MW size SR’s(ones that I have done, along with a few from other shops, including the CNC 295’s from Indy).

B55DFA9A-A648-44B4-A654-D8C5A53585C7.png

Last edited:
This guy needs a lesson on how to test, run, and calibrate a flowbench. Not sure what some of you guys are seeing saying good job but this head with a 2.19 valve isn’t going to flow 410cfm while another port is 50cfm less. A well ported B1 head with a 2.300 valve takes a lot of work to get into that flow area
7289B5A8-187A-4586-B94B-D4497BC51519.jpeg

This guy needs a lesson on how to test, run, and calibrate a flowbench. Not sure what some of you guys are seeing saying good job but this head with a 2.19 valve isn’t going to flow 410cfm while another port is 50cfm less. A well ported B1 head with a 2.300 valve takes a lot of work to get into that flow area View attachment 1715715667

Easier to see when it’s bigger. Yep. That’s a problem. That’s why the numbers don’t really matter to me. The problem is the numbers don’t add up.

Well I needed a Max wedge port. He made it happen. It will be what it is. Yes the b4 and after numbers are high. That’s why u can’t race flow benches. I believe the operator can make quite a difference. Kim

That’s why u can’t race flow benches.

Exactly.

The rework is a 15% improvement.
That’s the important part.

Both my current and previous bench have no “inputs”. There are no electronics to input anything to.
The numbers are easily repeatable to within 1%.

I don’t claim my bench is the last word in absolute accuaracy, but it does repeat well........ and the results are usually “in line” with what many other reputable shops would get for numbers.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone so I can stretch it bigger with my fingers and I’ll just say there is no way in hell that head flows 410cfm at .700.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
After looking at the pics , I agree w/ you . But couldnt read the small print-------------

-
Back