got my plates today

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
woohoooo cant wait to put them on tomorrow

plates1.jpg

I was told that it was available and it would take a few weeks and if they were not approved I would get a reg set instead. But i'm glad they came today in about three weeks with no issues.

Nice job.

Are you located anywhere near Brattleboro or Keene, NH? The wife and I spent 10 on Manadnock Mountain some 37 years ago. I was driving a 71 Swinger Slant 6/auto, and pulling a pop up camper trailer, along with 2 weeks of clothing and supplies.

We trekked through the Green Mountains on the way, and needless to say, the slant didn't like it. Even had to turn off the a/c going up hill. lol There were some passages where by the time we reaching the top, my foot was to the floor, and we were doing about 30 mph. Coming down hill the manual drum breaks were nerve racking, at best, But it was a really fun time!

http://www.hikenewengland.com/Monadnock071112.html

A wonderful memory inspired by your post. Thanks. :thumbup:

Also hit "Steamtown" Railroad Museum, and "Basketville". lol

finishing touch is always a set of plates.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Ford Ranger 019.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_3619.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 223
Nice to have them personalised, I was lucky to get mine that way as well....

:blob:

Attachments

• Duster-Duster.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 257
In New Jersey I applied for "QQ" plates (historical) all my choices were taken:

65 DART
DART 65
MYDART
I settled for 65 DGE

Nice job.

Are you located anywhere near Brattleboro or Keene, NH? The wife and I spent 10 on Manadnock Mountain some 37 years ago. I was driving a 71 Swinger Slant 6/auto, and pulling a pop up camper trailer, along with 2 weeks of clothing and supplies.

We trekked through the Green Mountains on the way, and needless to say, the slant didn't like it. Even had to turn off the a/c going up hill. lol There were some passages where by the time we reaching the top, my foot was to the floor, and we were doing about 30 mph. Coming down hill the manual drum breaks were nerve racking, at best, But it was a really fun time!

http://www.hikenewengland.com/Monadnock071112.html

A wonderful memory inspired by your post. Thanks. :thumbup:

Also hit "Steamtown" Railroad Museum, and "Basketville". lol

Brattleboro is about 1.5 hours and Keene is a couple hours.. i am originally from new york in the adirondacks ( lake placid) i lived in Dallas for ten years and now back close to home.. I am right between Burlington VT and Rutland VT its about 40 miles north/south of me here in Weybridge

heres my plate i will be running
found this on ebay never used brand new
has my county number
this plate is from 1972 very cool

Attachments

• Picture 058.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 190
heres my plate i will be running
found this on ebay never used brand new
has my county number
this plate is from 1972 very cool

thetas awesome and NY is like that as well and i would rather have a vintage plate as well.. but Vt plates have not changed through the years so there would be no difference in and old plate vs a new one other than the wear and tear

It's nice in Michigan that they have the "authentic" plate option, where you can put the same year plate on as the car was manufactured. And better yet, it only costs $35.00, and thats a one time fee!! I have a friend that bought thousands of NOS Michigan plates that were never issued so I have access to some very nice plates. He was actually on "American Pickers" and sold the guys the Oldsmobile leather license plate. He doesn't give much of a friend discount, but they're worth it!! I have them on all my cars!! Geof

-
Back