Got myself another product of chrysler!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
So I traded my dodge ram awhile back to get my wife her dodge durango and I of course have my 72 duster still.

But I have been driving a 97 ford ranger (which was a great truck) but it was just to small and it had manual locks and windows and no a/c and no tilt wheel and was a 5 speed 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive....pretty basic set up.

Well today I traded even up for a 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 thats cleaner than the ranger was and has all the options and everything.

Has the famous 4.0 straight 6 in it

So I am all chrysler product again!!!

I will probably put a 2" suspension lift on it and some 31" tall tires just to make it a smidge more stout looking.

It has a crack in the windshield and the cat rattles and a couple little odds and ends I will button up. But nothing big

DSCI1435.jpg

DSCI1437.jpg

DSCI1438.jpg

DSCI1439.jpg

That is a very clean looking Jeep, nice find! Great thing about those 4.0's is they're cheap as hell to rebuild! :-D

That and they can take a beating and last forever.

My buddy has one with almost 300,000 miles on it and he by no means is easy on it and it still runs like new lol

I had a 1994 Jeep looked just like yours blk, with grey interior. 4.0 Std, LOVED this truck!!!!! What a GREAT Addition!!!!!

I have had a couple grand cherokee orvis edition jeeps and they had 318's in them.....I had one 94 cherokee country jeep and now I have this jeep its 97 sport...97 is when the changed the interior and added the new bumper/genderflare/tial light/market light designs and what not.

But basically the jeep cherokees were pretty much the same from the 80's until the early 2000's I think when production ended

good little vehicles

I recently got a '93 Cherokee as a replacement for our family's totaled '03 Town & Country minivan, and it ROCKS. It's the base-model with 5-speed so it's really simple, but it's light and pretty quick. I can't wait to get some new tires and an exhaust on this thing, it'll be a terror on the trails. Best part is it has 180k+ miles but drives and looks like it has 1/3 that many.

My 90 Cherokee Laredo has 323,000, gets 20 mpg and keeps going. I did just get a 96 Cherokee Sport with 148k to replace the 90 though, at some point it won't last forever. Really like the Cherokee's

-
Back