Got pictures with your first car. I do!!

-
Here I am under the hood of an A-body, circa 1974...........still there!

scan0004 (Small).jpg

A Mopar family.
Not only my first car, but my father’s first.
Bill of Sale is self-explanatory. Drove it from Atlanta to Noank and back during mine warfare school. (Name blocked for national security purposes).
My son’s first car. (Face blocked out of respect for his privacy.)

love that coronet, 69 right? looks alot like the one i just bought....but the one in the pic is of better condition

Yes, that was a 500. You can see my father's Chrysler and mother's 65 Coronet behind it.
My Dodge lasted untill 79 at which time I was T-Boned in the drivers door by some clown "going to fast for conditions" in a 69 Fairlaine. The cop who showed up, said that the had seen the fellow a few seconds earlier and couldn't get out in traffic in time to stop him. I looked over just in time to see the Phord and leaned away from my door. When he hit me , he knocked me across another lane into a phone pole and I bounced back stopping in the spot where he hit me.
All I had to do was brush the glass off of me and get a ride home. My lap belt held me in the bucket seat. I hate harnesses. I like the two part design from-72 73 which gives me the option.
Is it just me or has the nanny-government gone way overboard on this stuff?

My first car:

DartC1.sized.jpg

1973 Dart Custom, 225 3-on-the-tree standard. Paid $450 for the car!

Six months later, I bought this 1975 Dart Sport for $2500.

new75.jpg

The call of the V8 was too strong, the /6 car had to go. Thinking back now though, the standard tranny 4 door was probably fairly rare!

First engine rebuild, of my first car which was a '72 Dart. Photo taken in 1980.

90.jpg

dart.jpg

:afro:

Yes, that was a 500. You can see my father's Chrysler and mother's 65 Coronet behind it.
My Dodge lasted untill 79 at which time I was T-Boned in the drivers door by some clown "going to fast for conditions" in a 69 Fairlaine. The cop who showed up, said that the had seen the fellow a few seconds earlier and couldn't get out in traffic in time to stop him. I looked over just in time to see the Phord and leaned away from my door. When he hit me , he knocked me across another lane into a phone pole and I bounced back stopping in the spot where he hit me.
All I had to do was brush the glass off of me and get a ride home. My lap belt held me in the bucket seat. I hate harnesses. I like the two part design from-72 73 which gives me the option.
Is it just me or has the nanny-government gone way overboard on this stuff?

If you were in a frontal crash you probably would've had a serious bump on the head.

I have to get a picture of me with my Duster, which I got last September.

Somewhere around 1983, I think this was my 3rd car. 1972 Newport 400 2bbl, top speed was 110, the firebird couldn't get by me :happy7:

Norman.jpg

My 72 Charger, the car before the Dart, also had the 440 in it.
11" slicks and no tubs. I did move the springs inboard, and put the narrower 68 rear in it. Gave it plenty of tire room. When it launched, the whole car would stand up front and rear, I wanted to call it the leaping lizard.

chargerontrailer.jpg

One more of Me and my Dart around 2000 at the track.
And one of my Road Runner, taken around 1986 just after it was repainted.

Norm'sDart.jpg

rr.jpg

Here is one of my mom! I think the car is still sitting in the woods behind my grandpa's barn. Just Kidding! Cool picture though!

wcijm24.jpg

Here is one of my mom! I think the car is still sitting in the woods behind my grandpa's barn. J/K! Cool picture though!
If that was true, It probably wouldn't be behind the barn, but in your living room.
I know it would be in mine, regardless of the condition.

my first i bought about two years ago, this was taken about a year ago after done with paint and stipes. Its come along way since this picture...especially the ugly fawn tan interior

vbgarage-1.jpg

vbgarage.jpg

Sorry, no pics of my first car. My mother burnt them all after I rolled it and almost killed myself. But, it did look identical to the one in my sig.

Jack

I'm sure nobody want's to see my 1975 Toyota Celica LT so I'll post a couple of my first Mopars from back in the day.......my 1975 Duster(yeah it's in the pic somewhere)and my 1978 "Road Runner" ( if you can call it that)...LOL

1975.jpg

Road Runner.jpg

Those Volare Road Runners are starting to become a classic, and I think they're quite uncommon too.

The first pic is of how the car looked when I first bought it almost ten years ago. The second pic is a pic of me with my car right before my high school graduation. I had it painted about 5 months earlier. The third pic is from a few years ago, my dads and sisters cars are behind it.

duster 2000.jpg

duster 2001.jpg

duster 2003.jpg

-
Back