got problems 426 small block

-
Look at the Shady Dell website. They say the new alum heads they sell ALL need decking.

well just sent them out I'm getting them true up to perfect and should have them back in a day or so i figure for the price its cheap insurance anyways .

damn right - you made the right move -

doing the same thing over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity -not engine building!!

The heads are usually cut to set the chamber size after the valve job, and/or to put the correct finish on the gasket surface. It's not reall common to have them warped out of the box but with .005" off, I'd have a performance shop cut them (not mill...) flat.

well guys got my heads back and they took 6 thousands of these heads to get them flat . my new heade gaskit are in this friday, and i cant weight to get this thing rolling again and have some fun, had to order them from flat out gaskit did not know they make each gaskit when you order them any how, i will see how she likes them . and got my new rocker studs going to see if this will solve the problem with breaking it of i figured the eddy ones would have been good enough, but now i have every bolt arp.

-
Back