Got Ripped off from Jims Auto parts in New Hampshire

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Over 2 weeks ago I called to place an order over the phone (was a ***** getting through). I wanted hard brake lines for small bolt calipers. Gave the lady the part number and was very precise in what I asked for.
She told me no problem. I asked for the shipping costs. She didn't know. I asked for any idea. She couldn't say.
The lines were around 48, 49 bucks and they may weigh a 1/4 # if you're lucky. I get the statement from my bank on a pending charge. $83.81!!
Are you kidding me?! Almost $35 in shipping and handling? I attempt numerous times to contact them via phone. It doesn't even ring. Goes right to a recorded message. So I call my bank to file a claim and hopefully stop the sale.
10 days or so later... I get a letter from my big bank. Sorry... eat ****.. denying my claim. Call the vendor
Well, guess what... i call. Same ****
. Cant get ahold of anyone. There's no email address. (I told my bank this too)
I'm super pissed. Had to rant.. hopefully no one else gets shafted by these asses

Jim doesn’t have a great reputation so it’s unfortunately not surprising you got taken for a crappy ride.

Always a good idea to do a google search on a company before placing an order or search on this forum for feedback. I just googled Jim’s Auto Parts and on the first google page there were complaints! They still rip peeps off.

You asked for shipping price and, since she wouldn’t even give you a ballpark, if you said “ok” then you gave her a blank cheque to charge whatever she felt like for shipping. If you said ‘call or email me back with a shipping quote before processing the order’ then it’s on her.

Last edited:
When I first saw the thread title I THOUGHT IT WOULD TURN OUT TO BE AN OLD THREAD!!!!

Nope. No.parts... such a pos. I filed ANOTHER dispute noting that I hadn't received any goods or services.

That's horsecrap. However I have noticed shipping being delayed alot here lately. It tool me over a month to get a order from harbor freight. 35 dollars for shipping that sob should have drove it himself lol

That's horsecrap. However I have noticed shipping being delayed alot here lately. It tool me over a month to get a order from harbor freight. 35 dollars for shipping that sob should have drove it himself lol
That actually made me chuckle. He should have put it on the car!

Jim doesn’t have a great reputation so it’s unfortunately not surprising you got taken for a crappy ride.

Always a good idea to do a google search on a company before placing an order or search on this forum for feedback. I just googled Jim’s Auto Parts and on the first google page there were complaints! They still rip peeps off.

You asked for shipping price and, since she wouldn’t even give you a ballpark, if you said “ok” then you gave her a blank cheque to charge whatever she felt like for shipping. If you said ‘call or email me back with a shipping quote before processing the order’ then it’s on her.
See, that's just the mentality I think of some businesses. I was in car part sales for years and I guess its different... i always called the customer cause I didn't want them being surprised by shipping AND I felt that I didn't want that done to me.. never again. Thought I crossed my t's .

Jim's as a mail order vendor doesn't care, they want your money & then take their sweet time shipping the parts, IF they ship at all. When you file a claim, they "will look into it", another 30 days or more go by & then they might refund your money 30 days after that. Meanwhile they have had your money gaining interest for 90 days. He has been a rip off artist for years & I wonder why someone hasn't had him arrested for fraud, yet.

Last edited:
Jim's of the mail order vendor doesn't care, they want your money & then take their sweet time shipping the parts, IF they ship at all. When you file a claim, they "will look into it", another 30 days or more go by & then they might refund your money 30 days after that. Meanwhile they have had your money gaining interest for 90 days. He has been a rip off artist for years & I wonder why someone hasn't had him arrested for fraud, yet.
All I can say, he better not be at Carlisle. I'll be looking.....

If he is there, he'll have some song & dance about it's not his fault, I've heard his BS too many times when he screws people.

Depending upon who he is using for a shipper, you might be able to get the Feds in on it for mail fraud, just a thought. Or maybe some of our fine members can go to his place of business with a couple of baseball bats to get his attention. LMAO He would probably end up running down the street, screaming like a little girl.

Do we have a bad vendor sticky on the board here?
It would be really useful. My fault obviously if there is and I didn't see it. My fault for not asking on here either...especially with all the responses of how crappy they are.

Depending upon who he is using for a shipper, you might be able to get the Feds in on it for mail fraud, just a thought. Or maybe some of our fine members can go to his place of business with a couple of baseball bats to get his attention. LMAO He would probably end up running down the street, screaming like a little girl.
Hahaha...I like road trips.. I have just the wrong temperament when I'm screwed over to do just that... but enough sense to stay out of jail.

A phone call to that county's District Attorney's office alleging fraud may be in line.
I'm gonna give it the customary 10 days for my bank
After that. If the bank declines it or it goes nowhere. I will be in touch with the law up there on this. I'm furloughed right now so in between odd jobs and looking for a job, I have time to make calls..

-
Back