Got Ripped off from Jims Auto parts in New Hampshire

-
Unfortunately some of these businesses
Like on egay make 20% of profit on shipping..

Sucks and they are all laughing at us

Yea I get pissed off and refuse to do business with places like that.

I won't be buying from them ever again either. My first and last order with them was a couple years ago for carpet. Price seemed good, but after their for profit shipping it wasn't so great. I honestly can't even tell you how much it cost me because there was no invoice in or on the box. I called and requested they send one so I'd have it for the documentation and some ancient sounding woman told me she'd mail it (apparently they haven't discovered email yet) but I never did receive it. I'll spend my money somewhere else.

Ah the joys of Jim's. I take it the cranky woman is still riding a Broom to work...

There was an axiom when it came to two vendors
Jim three letter = BAD
Jack four letters = good

Sucks that they continue the same business practices.

JMO

If they have not shipped the item, send an email saying "as the order has not been shipped in a timerly fashion, item is no longer needed and will be refused." Then deal with the bank/card company.

Good luck with it.

Ah the joys of Jim's. I take it the cranky woman is still riding a Broom to work...

There was an axiom when it came to two vendors
Jim three letter = BAD
Jack four letters = good

Sucks that they continue the same business practices.

JMO

If they have not shipped the item, send an email saying "as the order has not been shipped in a timerly fashion, item is no longer needed and will be refused." Then deal with the bank/card company.

Good luck with it.
Yeah, seems like everyone but me knew about Jims... and ya know what? I remember using JACKS and that is who I likely was thinking I was dealing with! Lol. Regardless, I looked and looked for an email address for Jim's and I know my eyesight is getting dimmer but I saw none to try to get in touch with them.

Right Stuff Detailing offers free shipping on brake lines. If I remember, Jim’s orders lines from them.

So...
I got rocker trim from Classic during one of their sales. The 35% discount was $85. The shipping was $83.50.
Whatta ya gonna do ?

So...
I got rocker trim from Classic during one of their sales. The 35% discount was $85. The shipping was $83.50.
Whatta ya gonna do ?
I'm figuring the box was a bit longer..lol.. but I ordered another set and it came to my door within days.. total? 53 and change that was for stainless too...

I got ripped off by them in the 90's and haven't done any business with them since... :icon_fU:

They can go to hell...
up2.gif

Last edited:
I wish someone would just make a surprise visit to one of these rip off jokers.
Old school rules, I'd even pay for a new nose and teeth. lol

I wish someone would just make a surprise visit to one of these rip off jokers.
Old school rules, I'd even pay for a new nose and teeth. lol

I once loaned a friend $15,000 for plastic surgery...

Now I don't know what he looks like.... :BangHead:

I must have had a lucky experience with Jim’s. I bought my front disc brake conversion kit for my ‘69 GTS from them a few years ago and it was a good transaction. Price was fair as was shipping. When a couple of small parts were missing, they were nice about it and sent the replacements quickly and no charge on shipping. Even my Speed Shop guy doing the work said he liked dealing with them.

I can’t explain the difference in experience, just sharing mine.

So...
Whatta ya gonna do ?
Special shape/size parts shipping cost
Understandable

I had a bad experience with them a few years ago too. The hag that answers the phone is a nightmare.

-
Back