Got ripped off today.

-
Stealing a working man's tools is the lowest of lows. Heavy pipe to the cranium..................

302 Found

X2, better tho is carry a big caliber side arm. I have ABSOLUTELY no respect for anyone that has no respect for others property!!!! I had a car stolen from me back in Dec '94 rite out from under my eyes looking out a window! If my brother in law, cousion and myself in hot pursute caught the SOB that guy would be dead rite now. He got away, i drove thru the worst parts of town with side arm looking for my car in the next couple of days. Long story, got car back after 2 flat tires. The SOB parked it and walked to someones driveway that left their keys in the car.......well guess what....that car was now stolen!! The SOB with a long criminal list couldn't be charged with my car as no finger prints could be lifted!

I NEVER FELT SO VIOLATED, i took another cousins car home and sat in the dark for hours waiting for the SOB to show at my house, as my address was rite in the glove box on insurance cards. At the time my son was 3 months old and don't even think about coming in my house without invite!! If ya make it out, i'll drag ya back in!!!! Protected by S&W

I worry about theft so much. I have a thick 11 mm chain for my bicycle, ha ha. I keep the bike chained to the child safety hook while the bike is in the car with the backseat folded down, then if some jerk breaks the side window with a center punch, he is in for a surprise when he goes trying to yank the bike out, lol

At hotels, I cover up the peep hole on the door you look out to see who is there since jerks have been known to tamper with them. My laptop camera lens has black tape over it so I can't be spied on

I figure its better to be too safe then not safe enough.

As for dogs, they can be poisoned. My moms dad owned a bar and he lost many dogs from people poisoning them so they could steal the alcohol late at night. They didn't have burglar alarms back then

well at least you have insurance . here the government run insurance ICBC no longer covers the contents of your vehicle . and the police don't respond to vehicle break ins they just give you a report # over the phone to give the adjuster when you claim the damage to the vehicle , I leave my daily driver that I park on the street unlocked so they don't break the window looking for pennies in the ashtray . Now if they head to the garage out back where the barracuda sleeps then there's no point running they will only die tired .

Hope they find your tools. A friend of mine paints all of his tools florescent green. Yes they are ugly. But all the people on the job site knows who they belong too. A thief will not take the time to clean the paint off. Nor will they steal tools they can't sell fast.

I hit play .... my son just walked in and feel asleep on the couch ......
.......I turn it down ........ Boogy my little friend herd it and woke him up barking back at the video :D

Sorry about that. I guess I should have put a disclaimer about the volume.

95teetee said:
holy crap that is the baddest assest looking dog I have ever seen.

I want one.

They are called Causasian Shepherds, or Caucasian Ovcharkas. They are originally from the Baltic states in Eastern Europe and Western Russia. They were originally used to protect sheep and to hunt bear. Here are a couple pictures I found online. I chose relaxed dogs so you can see the other side of them.

Edit: Sorry Frank, not trying to hijack your post. I'm sorry about your tools. I'm sure whoever took them, when they are caught, will be introduced to a different sort of "tool" behind bars! Good luck.

Attachments

• Nicholas4-09-5ac.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF0080.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 129
I have had the unfortunate luck of having this happen on multiple jobsites multiple times. The cops don't care, I have had two of them on camera, with license plates and nothing. I do electrical infrastructure, our flatbeds are loaded up with about 25k in tools, generators, etc. In 10 years I've completely lost 2 entire trucks, recovered 2 others and lost about 150k in tools and another 200k in copper wire. Cops have never done anything to help. Both trucks were recovered because someone called the number on the side of the truck to ask us to get it out of there. On a project I was on in Everett, the General contractor left a dump truck hooked to a trailer with an excavator on it for nightshift to use. Dayshift went home at 4:30 it was inside the gate, nightshift showed up at 6:30, all gone. We have since installed a hidden kill switch on all of our trucks and equipment. Haven't lost a truck since then but have showed up to find the cabinet doors pried open. Cops don't care about it, and make it seem like you are ruining there morning by filling out paperwork.

Cops are like chicks, it depends who they are and where they are. Some places the cops do make a big deal on thefts, then in other places, yeah, they get tick off they have to file a report

Sorry about that. I guess I should have put a disclaimer about the volume.

They are called Causasian Shepherds, or Caucasian Ovcharkas. They are originally from the Baltic states in Eastern Europe and Western Russia. They were originally used to protect sheep and to hunt bear. Here are a couple pictures I found online. I chose relaxed dogs so you can see the other side of them.

Edit: Sorry Frank, not trying to hijack your post. I'm sorry about your tools. I'm sure whoever took them, when they are caught, will be introduced to a different sort of "tool" behind bars! Good luck.

Man, those dogs look like what you would get if a Husky with a chubbie couldn't stop fast enough behind a Mastiff.....

Dang Frank, sorry to hear about this. I worked at a dealership years ago and had my toolbox stolen during the night. It was a hit that I'm still making up for.
Check the pawn shops and Craigslist. I'ld bet they'll surface pretty soon.

Frank sorry your tools are stolen and I am glad I live in the middle of no place and we seem to have very little of this stuff going on. If tools are stolen here it is a big deal and yes the cops come and file a report.

Sorry for your misfortune.....it sucks, as most of us have experienced something along this line. I came home one day last Sep to find my side door to my garage had been pried on in three different places as they were trying to bust the door frame. Only the reinforcement I had done kept them from getting in. I only needed a new door, weatherstrip and door jamb repair.

Feel for you. I got hit last night. Some asshole busted out the left window of my magnum, took everything from the center console of the dash except the stereo. WTF? they took the bezel, the auto air controls, the hazard lamp switch and the vents. The SOB's cut the wires on the harness, so that's an added expense. I starting to think theft should be a death penalty offense.

-
Back