Got the Dart Back! !

-

Reaction score
Well I'm a little closer to having it back on the road for good! Got it back from the Shop the other day from having the spring relocation kit installed and some small holes in the frame and floor board patched. While it was there I had new super stock springs and shocks bolted on. The 3rd photo is before it went in to the shop. you can really tell the difference in the ride height....

now it's just exhaust, and some small odds and ends....have a look..........

0502081504b.jpg

0502081504.jpg

Copy of dart 1.jpg

0802080802.jpg

That sure looks great:cheers: and I bet will drive sooo much nicer too!!

Congrad's 7374, That is allot of work you have behind you.:-D

Sorry if I did not welcome you to this great site.

Nice car :cheers::cheers:

thanks! it does ride a lot better! and no sweat about the welcome, just glad to be hear and have found the site!

I sure do like the SS springs... Looks like a fine ride... keep us informed...

-RPM

The spring relocation kit makes it handle differently than stock, so make sure you've got a nice big sway bar back there to cancel the oversteer.

You should be able to stuff a lot of tire in there now! What are your plans for it next?

Right now it is a really solid body, 318 car. It has some surface rust just under the vinyl top in the back and that really is about it. The entire frame was undercoated EVERY YEAR so the frame has a few issues with mositure being trapped in there. So there is a small hole in the front frame rail that has to be repaired and the front upper control arm on the passanger side has a hole in it. I have a nice set of used ones that I already blasted, repainted and rebuilt. So when I patch the hole, I'll replace those at the same time. I also need an exhaust because right now it's single and it stops right before the rear axle.

The interior is perfect with no rips or tears anywhere. The only issue is the driver's side of the bench has some busted springs cause when you sit down, YOU REALLY SIT DOWN...... This winter will be the rear bumper/tail light conversion to a 71-73. I'll keep you posted on that!!!

And then when that process is down, I'll start the fun things... like engine upgrades, 8-3/4 rear and then it will be fun driving for a couple of years until I really want to do the body... I'll post some more pics later. Thanks all for the nice comments!

Sounds like a generally solid car. Your plans are conservative and should be realized without too much ado. I look forward to seeing your progress.

-
Back