Got the Dart up on a Rack. trans question

-

66vertGT

Reaction score
I got my 66 dart on a rack last week and found that my trans has numbers in paint pen. It made me wonder if it is original to the car or if rebuilt/replacement. the exhaust pipe fits in an odd way. Any advice would be great I have only had it since May.

2012-09-26flyingdart010web.jpg

2012-09-26flyingdart009-blog.jpg

I am blogging the restoration at http://66dartgt.blogspot.com/ many more photos there

More than likely its a reman or it's the original one that was taken out and rebuilt. Most tranny shops depending on how busy they are will label the trannys when they pull them out so stuff doesn't get mixed up.

More than likely its a reman or it's the original one that was taken out and rebuilt. Most tranny shops depending on how busy they are will label the trannys when they pull them out so stuff doesn't get mixed up.

Either that, or it's a junk yard tranny. They label the transmissions too.

OK, second question is it the proper trans for the car or something else?

check the driver side pan rail for some stampings toward the front. You can decode from those if they stamped them that far back.

Usually scrap yards use those marking pens to identify parts. i think it is far too shiny to be original to the car after all these years.

-
Back