got the head back torque specs?

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
how tight? how tight do you torque the head?im putting it on now.will post pics in a few when i come back to see how tight...

Year model head/block ? Just in case they changed ?

1974 and up. :smilebox:

Attachments

• March 2012 1966 parts 004.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 123
  • March 2012 1966 parts 005.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 109
it's a 80 i think,dont have spark plug tubes,that right there is a welcome change.here is p:eek:ops:

Attachments

• 1 new cyl head 002.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 1 new cyl head 003.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 1 new cyl head 006.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 1 new cyl head 007.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 123
thanks buddy! now i can continue.

Know you can :D Enjoy and I am happy I could jump in before a great tec did 8-[ and clean them threads :cheers:

Attachments

• March 2012 1966 parts 007.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 109
as we type,they are soaking and have the wire wheel already on the drill

Enjoy :cheers: I am looking forward to the day I do my 170 :D
But I don't see any need to replace it yet :glasses7:
It is running clean and strong. I had just 40 thousants taken off for my daily driver with a little bigger valves Frank 66aCUDA built (ford valves I believe) all new seals guides ready to be put on one day.

Attachments

• Got to to what ya gata 004.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 151
I'm not positive but....I think you should torque in steps. In other words as you follow the numbers in the sequence, Don't go to "Full" torque the first time. I have always run through the sequence 3 or 4 times and then went to full torque.. This is how I always have & will do it whether it says it in a book or not. Very nice & clean looking under your hood. Good luck, I hope you have great results.

I'm not positive but....I think you should torque in steps. In other words as you follow the numbers in the sequence, Don't go to "Full" torque the first time. I have always run through the sequence 3 or 4 times and then went to full torque.. This is how I always have & will do it whether it says it in a book or not. Very nice & clean looking under your hood. Good luck, I hope you have great results.

I thought about adding that but I was hopping he already knew that =D>

Yes X2 =D>

yeah guys i know that....lol. it was easier to ask for torque specs here then to dig out a book in the garage....lol

-
Back