Got the Portible Garage from Habor frieghts.

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Got it for $169. I know it's not the best out there, but heck it's better than waht I had, which was nothing more than a car cover. It is smaller than I thought it would be, but I will be able to do some work on it here at home instead of taking it down to a friends shop all the time. Which is where I had been doing all my work on my cars for the last 4 years. Plus living in an apartment for those 4 years. Now with living with the g/f I have a place to do some of the work.

There you go your set now. I have seen many people use these. Once they are secured down well, you can work in out of the elements at your leisure. There are many sizes available too if you happen to need more room. They are definately a nice affordable option.

Yeah We looked at some of the other sizes, but just couldn't swing this time around. Would of loved to be able to cover up the Cuda too. At least it has paint on it and not just primmer like the Dart. But I do keep it under a cover too.

DUDE! There great. I have also seen these used quite a bit. Theres like 4 of these things on my block. I'm also considering one for the next cold season just to keep it protected.
A fellow MoPar guy is doing his Duster in one.

FWIW, this is what I put up in my back yard.

Garage-3.jpg

Garage11.jpg

Certainly not as cheap as the tent style but this is permanent and a ton less expensive than a conventional garage. The kit was $3500, the town made me put in a full 4' footing which increased the cost of the foundation and floor work to $3000. I did all the electrical and plumbing for air myself, the total cost was a little over $7000. I have cable, phone, internet and heat out there. Only regret is I wished that a trenched another foot down so I could have run water with the electric from the house.

Sweeet, wish I had the room for that.
Digging trench stinks, but at least you can go back and do it.

Yeah, now that would work. That looks good. Something else I see a lot doing is the pole barns. Suppose to be cheaper too. But don't want to do to much to this place as we are only renting.

Well what you bought is perfect then if you are renting because when you move you can pack the garage up and move it too, so you will never be without one!

Yep, my thought exactly. Why put anything into something you don't own. did that with my ex wife. she had a house with a carport. Converted it to a garage and 4 years later we divorced.

That was the normal price for it, I got it on sale. They wanted $199 here but I ended up going up north a bit and got it for $169

If I loose my garage space I will buy one. My problem is heavy snow. I would lay down plastic and a couple sheets of plywood down, the plastic will keep the moisture from the ground off your frames, walt :pirat:

dgc333 said:

Garage-3.jpg

Garage11.jpg

Certainly not as cheap as the tent style but this is permanent and a ton less expensive than a conventional garage. The kit was $3500, the town made me put in a full 4' footing which increased the cost of the foundation and floor work to $3000. I did all the electrical and plumbing for air myself, the total cost was a little over $7000. I have cable, phone, internet and heat out there. Only regret is I wished that a trenched another foot down so I could have run water with the electric from the house.

Dave, what are the dimensions of your garage and would it be very hard to install windows in this type building?
Bob

It's 25' wide by 26' deep. They come in several standard widths and can be any length in 2' increments.

It would not be easy to install windows on the sides unless you were to install thin ones that fit the flat sections of the sections. The front and back would not be too hard. I am going to install a pass door on the front.

Also they sell translucent fiberglass panels that you can replace some of the straight panels with to allow in natural light.

Great job dartcuda!! That will be sweet this year. :headbang:
That will keep the bird droppings and rain off of it.
The price sounds good too. :salute:

Thanks Mike. Yeah it should work greatt his summer, and the g/f likes it as I wioll stay hoime more instead of always going down to my friends shop to do my work. Which I still do gop down there, just not as much.

dgc333 said:

Garage-3.jpg

Garage11.jpg

I have to see more pic's of your Cuda. I also have a 68 Notch in similar condition, but dam yours looks good!!

-
Back