Got wheels mounted this weekend (Almost)

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
Ordered a set of 14 x 7 wheels before christmas, Americain Racing outlaw II's. Took my car to the shop[ on saturday to get them mounted. The set I ordered was a 5 on 4 inch bolt pattern, as I had taken of one of the hub caps and measured the spacing. Turns out at some point the rear axel in this car must have been replaced, as the rear wheels are 5 on 4.5 aaaarrrggghhh! The owener says no problem he can send back the 2 wheels and order in a set of 5 on 4.5 for the rear.

While they are mounting the front right wheel one of the studs breaks off, and has to be replaced!

I warned the guy that the drivers side lugs were reverse thread, before I took it in. They proceeded to to destoy 2 lug nuts trying to take them off with the impact wrench. Of course he does not have any reverse thread lugs, so he replaces all the studs on that side with normal thread studs, ($2.50 per stud). Plus another $2.00 per lug nut.\

The two front wheels do look awesome, now I just need to get the rearts here so I can get them on! I will try and post some photos later on.

Robb

Here's a pick of the wheel on the front!

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

Looking good Robb. The problem is, you'll have to carry a spare tire and one of those old adpter plates to change 4.0 to 4.5 BC.

Nice set of wheels you have there. I have the same problem, I need the adapter with me.

Looks good...I chose to stay with 4" lug pattern because I had a full set ov wheels that fit the cars aera......Your choice ov wheels with 4" pattern iz very limited.....I'f anythang happens to these wheels, I would sholy go to 4.5!!

Rob!!! the wheel's look great.
good choise :thumbup:

Again awesome job! Hey with these wheels from american work with fout ready to go to a larger bolt pattern, but after seeing your car ront disc brakes that have been added from a 71 Dart to a 64 Dart? I am looking for rims for my 64 Dart, and about to go to the larger bolt pattern. But after seeing your car I am having 2nd thoughts!

Dave

They look good on there. I didn't think you could still find the small 5 wheels. Looking forward to seeing it with a full set on it.

RobbAdams said:
While they are mounting the front right wheel one of the studs breaks off, and has to be replaced!

I warned the guy that the drivers side lugs were reverse thread, before I took it in. They proceeded to to destoy 2 lug nuts trying to take them off with the impact wrench. Of course he does not have any reverse thread lugs, so he replaces all the studs on that side with normal thread studs, ($2.50 per stud). Plus another $2.00 per lug nut.\
Robb

I sure hope they didn't make YOU pay for the new studs and nuts! Have you thought about changing the fronts to 4.5 also?

-
Back