-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrashard340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My time is up on this car. I hate to do it. But I found a Cuda' I absolutely gotta have. I have my girlfriend's support, but it's gonna have to be one Mopar for the other. So here goes. My Duster is up for sale.

1973 Duster 340, A/T 727TF, P/S, P/B. Original "H" code car with factory sunroof, buckets and console. Good driving project. Still needs a little work. The paint is a good 10 footer, not show quality.

Fender tag reads:
N295 R11 V6X V8X 26
J52 M21 M52 N41 N42 N76
GK6 U B41 C16 C56 G36
GK6 C6X9 000 915 156361
E55 D34 VS29 H3B 148347

I'd like to get $10K for it but open to reasonable offers because I need to sell ASAP. I don't feel I can explain both the positives and negatives without making this post too long so you can email or call me. Email is the best way to reach me. I would prefer to have a local buyer or someone that can come see the car and pick it up.

I am in Union City, CA. 94587
STAN

duster011706 001_editedresize.JPG

duster011706 002 resize.JPG

duster053106 006resize.JPG

Hi there! Are you ready to get rid of your intake, carbs and Nos kit yet? lol Or are you still planning another project for them? (JOE in Indiana)

fastnos said:
Hi there! Are you ready to get rid of your intake, carbs and Nos kit yet? lol Or are you still planning another project for them? (JOE in Indiana)

HAHA! Hey Joe. I'm not sure yet. If I go with a big block car as my next Mopar, then it's a possibility. I hope things are going well for you. Thanks - STAN

WHAT ?????

ok so now I gotts ta lose some respect for ya. Given up on the Duster man !
What am i going to do with all these Duster Parts now ???? huh ?
ha ha ha ha ha

ok so long as its Mopar I'll sorta kinda forgive ya.

-RPM

RPM said:
WHAT ?????

ok so now I gotts ta lose some respect for ya. Given up on the Duster man !
What am i going to do with all these Duster Parts now ???? huh ?
ha ha ha ha ha

ok so long as its Mopar I'll sorta kinda forgive ya.

-RPM

LOL! Yeah. I saw a 1973 Cuda' that I absolutely fell in love with. It's a real "H" code Cuda' and my dad used to have one back in the day. So it's special. I may end up keeping the Duster after all. So far, I haven't garnered much interest.

Thrashard340 said:
HAHA! Hey Joe. I'm not sure yet. If I go with a big block car as my next Mopar, then it's a possibility. I hope things are going well for you. Thanks - STAN

Well, when you do decide to turn loose of it, Keep me in mind. I'm gathering parts now to make another 73 340 4 speed duster. Going to be metalic brown with the black stripes like my old one, or Sassy green W/black stripes. And, it will have a sixpack in it. Have my block and brand new stroker crank, rods, pistons, rings, flywheel all at the machine shop now. Getting machined and internally ballanced. Saving for a set of heads next. It's a 416, going into whatever duster I buy. So if you do decide to part with it, give me a little lead time to scrape up some more $$$.

Added some more pics.

Change in plans. Car I wanted is sold. Scrap the 10k asking price. I'm still looking for 70-73 E-body, 68-71 Charger/Roadrunner/GTX. I am willing to give up the Duster + give cash if I find the right trade. I will eventually get another A-body sometime down the road.

This car is a regitered, driving vehicle, lights/blinkers work. Eventually, the mechanicals will need to be gone through. 30+ year old car.

Heater, speedometer, sunroof mechanism does not work.

Duster RESIZE060807 019.JPG

Duster 060807 005_editedresize.JPG

Duster RESIZE060807 028.JPG

Duster RESIZE060807 023.JPG

Duster RESIZE060807 030.JPG

Duster 060807 008_editedresize2.JPG

H-LL ya already got a better car than any of the ones you mention - add some cash to it to make it right and drive on - :salute:

I agree with Leo, and I've had them all. Can't beat an A-body. You'll be kicking yourself for letting that nice Duster go. JMO, Mike

Lol, I hear ya about the A body. I am NOT in it for the investment or $$ i just like to drive them. I dont even like the restoration part..just give me a car to DRIVE and do routine maintainance on and im good...thats why i like the A's so much. Look good, still IMO Muscle Cars, Perform well.

When I sold the RoadRunner(link to RR its the 2nd one down Ice Man I think was the title B3 Blue 69 RoadRunner)

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/155_0402_pentastars_readers_rides/index8.html

I got a lot of flack from some guys over at the Moparts board some basicaly went as far as to call me stupid for selling the RoadRunner and getting a 73 A body in its place. Thing was I needed the money to pay off some Bills and the RoadRunner was a "impulse" but at the time I got it and is NOT my "favorite" Mopar to begin with...and I was already $13,000 into the car and it was still not done and I was SICK of sinking $$$ into it!

but that said I actually got a great deal on the Dart Sport 340..a painted(like yours about a 10 footer not a pro job but VERY passable) rust free original 340 engine 727 tranny new legendary interior(still needs a headliner though as they were not being made at time of restoration) Only thing I did was add the wheels it currently has, the go wing, and the stripes. Other than that its a great car and I got it for $4500...thats $300 more than I bought the roadrunner for that I subsequently had to sink $10,000 into to look decent...this I have probably $5400 into it as it sits now and it runs and is basicaly "done" I really like the Dart BETTER than the RoadRunner..it drives better, is almost just as fast(the RR had more cam and gear in it), definately stops better with the disc brakes than the 4 wheel NON power drums on the RR. and all I have to do on it is basic maintainance..in other words I have about 1/3 rd wrapped up in the Dart Sport for the same or better driving car as the RoadRunner was...and I don't miss that RoadRunner in the least!

You know...this is one of the reasons why I love this forum so much. You guys are like one big support group, with Mopar knowledge. :lol:

The Barracuda I was after is sold. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I took the Duster to the store yesterday, it wouldn't start when I got out of the store. But you know what? I wasn't mad about that. I can't explain it. I narrowed it down to the ignition coil, couple of trips back and forth to the store and I drove the Duster home.

I think I've come to the realization that I have some unfinished business with this car...or maybe I like more than I realize.

Thanks for the support everyone.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back