Grand Jury Clears Tony Stewart

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Story on MSN.com states the Grand Jury in NY found no basis to file criminal charges against Tony Stewart in the Sprint Car death of Kevin Ward Jr. following two days of investigation of the evidence and testimony of over two dozen witnesses.
The story also states that pot was detected in Ward's system during the autopsy - levels enough to "impair his judgement".

Here's a link to the complete story: http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...t-be-charged-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-092414

Makes you wonder how many more of them are stoned drivin race cars.

I saw the footage of the accident. Although it looks bad, I believe that it was an accident. If anything Ward shouldn't have walked out on the track, it was kind of the same as running out in traffic. The fact that they wanted to possibly bring criminal charges on Stewart for that is ridiculous in the first place. It is racing, and racing is dangerous especially if you are going to get out of you car and act foolish.

Quote from ocdart "The story also states that pot was detected in Ward's system during the autopsy - levels enough to "impair his judgement".

Kinda screws up any kind of lawsuit against Stewart now won't it?

Watch the accident footage very closely, extreme slo-mo or frame-by-frame if possible.I watched one that I found online (I'll see if I can find it again) that was extreme slo-mo and it looked like Kevin Ward reached out and grabbed the wing on Tony's car which then pulled him down backwards where he smacked the back of his helmet/head on the track surface.Based on that footage, I never saw the basis for any criminal charges against Tony.

The finding should keep Tony in the clear, but statement from family is "this is Tony's fault and they will fight for Kevin. Focus should remain on Tony, not Kevin." Paraphrasing...

I say kid was stoned lost critical judgement skills. Very sad, hope to never see again. Prayers to his and Tony's family.

The mom told CBS "We will be seeking other ways to redeem our son"

They need to take the $$$$ for the paid liars & give it to charity along with everything else they choose to lose

The blame falls on those who didn't teach him to conduct himself in a more sportsman like manner like her & her husband, especially after track officials warned him numerous times about getting out of the car on the track doing what eventually got him killed

The parents knew everything I'm sure (POT) as the smell stays in ones clothing for days & days & this is not a dumb society these days & if he smoked before racing everyone within 50' knew it even if he used a vaporizer

-
Back