Grand National Roadster show pictures

-
Nice

Back when they designed cars

But I figured with this show being named after a Buick, they would be front and center

The show isn't a Buick show or named after them. The Grand National Roadster Show has been called that long before Buick had a model named that.

The show isn't a Buick show or named after them. The Grand National Roadster Show has been called that long before Buick had a model named that.

disappointed.gif

First interior picks I've seen of that car. Looks like an E-Body console? I have one and there is no way it would fit between my factory seats. Wonder how they got it to fit.

seats are Corbeau to start.

IIRC, treated e-body brackets, custom linkage, with some modified factory linkage

maybe Troy @ns1rm21 will reply with more info.

F76EF18D-9DBB-4CAA-B323-B2A2669BB22B.jpeg

Thought this 63-64 Fairlane was cool. Not typical car chosen to start with

check out the engine setback ! It was more than air cleaner clearance. Hard to see in my picture with the black paint

D2C0D033-8B61-4AD8-9298-A197C3F0C053.jpeg

3ECF13D6-6489-4053-B32A-C0517E2F462A.jpeg

4A49360A-DDCD-4434-B4F7-8CFA9F9B1029.jpeg

382C370D-A932-418F-AD8E-C08B6F996DE5.jpeg

65053CB5-BB6E-4BB8-9006-F37C4257A2BB.jpeg

C3D6F735-AFED-4407-96FB-69A74B74E4EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry. I'll bet large that's a disguised LS. The distributor is on the wrong end of the engine.
I sure do like that rampage though.

if so, that’s weak.

I didn’t spend much time looking at it.

I like the wagon behind the silver hot rod...............but I still hate you!!!!!!!!!:poke::rofl::steering::steering:

Thanks for posting the pics of these awesome cars, many are literally works of art.
Even though many of them aren't my personal taste, I still appreciate the work, money, and talent that goes into them.
And I also like the diversity of the makes and models represented.
This is proof that the car hobby won't die anytime soon......

Early hemis are starting to make a comeback. Unfortunately the aftermarket is light on providing parts. There were tow cars and a truck powered by an early Hemi at yesterdays Pavillions cruise.

Thanks for posting @autoxcuda i was 50/50 go/no go on attending this year and I decided to work on my boat trailer instead. Your pics made me wish I went. That’s always a good show.

Thanks for posting @autoxcuda i was 50/50 go/no go on attending this year and I decided to work on my boat trailer instead. Your pics made me wish I went. That’s always a good show.

still open today till 4:00 pm ?

big cool VW display. If you’re a VW person. Didn’t do much for me.

last few shows there were more stock high end musclecars. Last show had W/30, GTO, Superbird, 70 R/T. Then they had the race display with 60’s and 70’s race cars. That was cool.

I saw from pictures online, there’s more regular cars around the buildings. I’m sure couple hundred more than Friday. Friday opens at 12pm and goes to 8pm. So with people working the turnout with those cars was low on Friday.

Edelbrock, Hemmings, Classic Industries were not there.

Steve - Thanks for posting pics (post #9 and first 4 pics in post #12) of our Inland Mopars Car Club display.
Both the Superbird and '37 Dodge pickups are unrestored survivors. The '65 Satellite was the owners high school car that he built with his now-passed dad (dad was a club member also). The Duster was featured in the February '22 issue of Mopar Action. And "Rambo", the Hellcat-powered Rampage, is a newly-finished build.
Thanks again.

still open today till 4:00 pm ?

big cool VW display. If you’re a VW person. Didn’t do much for me.

last few shows there were more stock high end musclecars. Last show had W/30, GTO, Superbird, 70 R/T. Then they had the race display with 60’s and 70’s race cars. That was cool.

I saw from pictures online, there’s more regular cars around the buildings. I’m sure couple hundred more than Friday. Friday opens at 12pm and goes to 8pm. So with people working the turnout with those cars was low on Friday.

Edelbrock, Hemmings, Classic Industries were not there.

I like everything really. Including VWs. I’ve gone to the GNRS for about the last 6 years or so, it really is one to put on the bucket list if you haven’t been.

-
Back