Status
Not open for further replies.

rich006

Learning as I go
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a daily driver pickup in the Maryland/DC area. This is the truck your dad/granddad bought in the 80's. He took good care of it and kept it rust-free, but it may have a few dents and scrapes. Ideally it's a slant six automatic shortbed. It's not flashy but it's a good solid truck.

Although not for sale, what you’re looking for sounds something similar to what I have - an 87 D100 regular cab, short-bed, slant and automatic. My grandson biought the body sans Slant and 904. Him and his Dad swapped in a slant/904 from a 72 Valiant I gave him. They never could get it to run right even though when I gave him the Valiant, it was a sweet driver. Grandson offered the truck to me so it ended up in my yard. Found why it wouldn’t hardly run was they were trying to use the computer on a non computer engine.
813ED372-2525-4F51-800C-EBDA1589FA8B.jpeg

Fly to AZ and buy a super solid dry one! They are all over out here cheap and road trip it home!
There’s a super nice 1980 step side slant perfectly original not far from me.
Super nice with perfect AZ patinaed white paint!

I'm looking for a daily driver pickup in the Maryland/DC area. This is the truck your dad/granddad bought in the 80's. He took good care of it and kept it rust-free, but it may have a few dents and scrapes. Ideally it's a slant six automatic shortbed. It's not flashy but it's a good solid truck.
J par has this truck for sale. It is what grandpa would really want not a weak /6 but some power a 440.

Seed truck??

Fly to AZ and buy a super solid dry one! They are all over out here cheap and road trip it home!
There’s a super nice 1980 step side slant perfectly original not far from me. Super nice with perfect AZ patinaed white paint!

Second that. Several eighties long beds have come into local yard near me in last few years. And he has a clean stripper mid seventies short bed cab and frame. super solid.

I appreciate the tips on looking in dry climates, but I wasn't going to have time to go out west and drive back. About an hour from my home I found a 1989 D100 shortbed with a good-running 318 with around 93K miles. It has some rot in the wheel arches, along the bottom of one door, and on the roof drip rail, but the floor pans and cab corners are solid. I believe I can patch all the rotten areas by cutting as necessary, spraying with rust reformer, and filling in with epoxy.
Image-1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back