grandson

-

moparman1

Reaction score
my 2 year old grandson hasnt had a bowel movement in 16 days now. he's been to the emergency room and his doctor gave him meds . we tried everything possible. the doctor says he is holding it in. how can a child hold it in that long. anyone had this problem with there children

The doctor is an idiot. You cant hold it in that long, no way. My 2 year old cant hold it in for 16 minutes. Sounds like he needs some apple juice.

Never had this problem with my 2 year old. Just temper tantrums over stupid crap that go on and on.

My son had this type of problem, we gave him prune juice and it will work.He is now 17, but when he was 2-3 he would hold it for days...Good luck

I would highly suggest another dr. or even taking him to the emergency room. a search on yahoo could give you some insight. I looked and one thread talks about a blocked colon. holding it in for 16 days just isnt normal, thats not a potty training issue to me.

I would agree, my son would hold it but you can only hold it so long.Another DR asap....Good luck

i have two 3 year olds and 1, 2 year old never that long for poop holding some times two or three days massage tummy area gentle 5 10 minutes here and there ive got to say if doctor or pediatriacan says dont worry i would rapidly seek multiple other opions fast those impacted poopies are gonna hurt on the way out!!!:read2:i can call kaiser for you for info from there doctors if you want theres got to be soom other info for this or options if needed send me msg. please ouch good luck. anderson family best ot ya

Get the child to another DOCTOR as soon as you can because that just don't sound anywhere near normal to me! If the meds and juices did not work then something is VERY WRONG SOMEWHERE! I would get him to another Doctor probably a good Pediatrician and depending on what they say and or do I would be going back to see the other Doctor to let Him know what is going on for sure! 16 Days is WAY TO LONG TO GO!

Take him to a gastroenterologist my little brother almost died because we didn't push the doctors enough. He had abdominal pain and diarrhea for about 6 months all the doctors said it was because of his diet and overweight, what a bunch of BS.

He ended up having a sports hernia (football) and the muscles wrapped around his colon. He ended up having a 7hr surgery and some of his colon removed. Took him almost a year to recover.

What i learned is that you have to push doctors because they are pressured to spend as little money on you as possible.

My daughter didn't have a movement for four days during potty training. I was told by a nurse to go to the drug store and buy something called a Fleet enima. Apparently, the composition of this fluid forces the body to have a movement.

Anyway, my wife was out of town on business, so I manned-up and did it. Within 20 minutes, she had filled up four diapers.

She's 16 now and I tell this story everytime she brings home a boy I don't like. I guess I'm hoping it will be some form of birth control for her.

Your doctor is a quack.

I just seen this thread and I hope he has taken him to a hospital.
With a real good Doctor!!

Ready to see what needs to be dun NOW.

I like a can of spinish in a skillet with 3 eggs and toast myself.

I hope all is well, and keep us updated.O:)

This is not a good situation. Besides the kidney, there is no way for the body to clense of all the crap and bacteria all blocked up. He could end up being poisoned some how.

That doctor is full of crap(no pun intended). Get the lad to the ER ASAP and they will probably give him some of that enima elixir.

There is a proper diagnosis for it and the one you got was NOT the proper answer.

Good luck and let us know.

i hope things work out for him. something needs to be done as soon as possible. this is what happened to the little blonde girl in the poltergiest (sp) movie.......

My 2-year-old nephew had a similar problem. He was so busy and focused on whatever he was doing that he'd hold it to avoid the interruption. He was so backed up that his little belly was like a rock and they were worried about tissues ripping and toxins being introduced to the abdominal cavity. The poor little guy finally ended up having surgery because the fecal matter was so badly impacted. After getting cleaned out, he's back to his old, freakishly-energetic self. It seems like my brother mentioned something about muscular atrophy/underdevelopment that was helped by stretching during the surgery to move things along more regularly.

I hope the little fella gets patched up soon. Digestive problems are brutal and can be dangerous.

First off I would bet that doctor was at the bottom of the class. And has a complex of being higher than anyone else who isn't one. I would suggest going to the ER and trying to get some x-rays, as there might be a blockage from eating a toy or somthin to that effect. Is he in pain or obvious pain, or just running around like a little hellion? Eats like a bird? Or at all? I know that sometimes my youngest won't eat for a day or two and that will throw off his system. Also try a Nurse Practitioner. Good luck.

-
Back