Grant Steering Wheels

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this Grant steering wheel in their car? Specifically in a 70 Dart. I'm thinking of installing one, that it would go well with the woodgrain in the dash, and the green interior. My original steering wheel is pretty chewed up, and I can't seem to find the correct style to house my horn ring, especially a green one. If so, please post pictures.

This is the 15" one.

Attachments

• grant steering wheel.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 857
I posted a pic a while back but couldn't find the thread. I have a new computer and haven't figured out how to work with pictures yet...
C

Attachments

• DSC00635 (Medium).JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 861
A good friend of mine has had the same wheel in his Duster since the 80's. Always looked good to me.

I put one in my 70 Dart. Thnk it goes well with my tan interior and wood grain dash.

Attachments

• i6116.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 765
And did you guys buy the 'Grant Installation Kit' ? How necessary is it? I tried to look up my year of car with their installation kit, and the website told me they didn't have one for my year and model of car.

I used the grant install kit but it makes the steering wheel sits way to close to the dash pad and the turn signal lever will need to be bent back to allow easy turning, I ran my grant wheel for a couple of seasons, but have since found a E body crush can to give me more room from the dash

I used the Grant adapter kit but not the 3 inch extension. I just bent the turn signal switch some.

Think it was AbodyJoe who posted up that he used the stock parts to mount up his wheel and did not use the Grant kit. Don't remember the details but he would know if you hit him up.

yes. used the grant tuff wheel and it bolted right to the stock rimblow/tuff wheel adapter. the stock horn parts bolted right tot he wheel also..

tuffwheel001.jpg

tuffwheel002.jpg

tuffwheel003.jpg

tuffwheel006.jpg

tuffwheel008.jpg

tuffwheel009.jpg

tuffwheel010.jpg

-
Back