Greasing PST upper control arms?

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Well it looks like I have to reach out to the community once again. I’m in the process of replacing the upper control arm bushings in my Dart. I’m looking at the directions from PST that came wih the replacement Polygraphite upper control arm bushings. It said to grease various parts of the upper control arm bushings with super grease included. I don’t understand because these bushings look sealed? Also the upper control arm bushing area looks different. One side has an extra inside sleeve of martial that holds one of the bushings and appears to be part of the UCA but the bushings look the same. I’m not worried about pushing the bushings in and out because I have a ball joint service kit. I have included some pics. Any help much appreciated.
Carl

9793D2D2-C573-49C8-BDDD-1AD037B0B47C.jpeg

03DBD417-37C5-4C33-B227-539E14AEB90C.jpeg

B256F23E-CB82-4174-B526-68F80111809E.jpeg

During the initial assembly of the bushings we grease them. But we do encourage customer to disassemble them for additional lubrication. As we have found that many time customers may order a front end kit with the intentions of doing the install right away, But as we all know life can get in the way and a week could turn into a month and month to a year. So we always like seeing fresh polylube applied during install.

Thanks
James

...As we have found that many time customers may order a front end kit with the intentions of doing the install right away, But as we all know life can get in the way and a week could turn into a month and month to a year...

LOL!
So you're familiar with the car-tinkering hobby. :D

Yup 6 cars with only 2 on the road currently. My wife keeps saying if you sold 5 and put the money into 1 you would have a really nice car.

James

So thank you for saying that especially if they have been sitting some time to grease them up with the silicone lubricant included in the package. How do you break them apart to grease them inside? Or is that not needed. They look sealed.
Carl

So I have taken apart my upper control arm and pushed out the older bushings. I’m about to install the new PST polygraphite ones. I included a pic of one in beginning of the post. The issue I have is that the directions that came with the kit explains that I should grease the upper control arm bushings before installing. See pic of directions above. I talked to the tech department at PST and they also said they grease the bushings before sending out but not a bad idea to grease them again with lube included in kit. Well after looking at the new bushings and tinkering with the old polygraphite ones I took out it doesn’t look like an easy job to break down to grease. In fact while trying to break apart the older polygraphite ones it can damage them to take them apart. Am I missing something or should I just install them and lube up the other areas of the suspension when installing the other bushings etc?

-
Back