Great grandson of Walter P. Chrysler wants to buy the company back from Stellantis

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
I would invest heavily in this.

• Frank B. Rhodes, Jr., wants to create a new Chrysler Corporation, proposing himself as a leader.
  • His goal is to save Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep, criticizing Stellantis for mismanagement.
  • Rhodes made an open call to investors and workers for their support in creating the new entity.
Many Americans disagree with the way that Stellantis has treated Chrysler in recent years, reducing its lineup to the, now discontinued, 300 sedan and the Pacifica minivan. Frank B. Rhodes, Jr., the great grandson of Walter P. Chrysler who founded the Chrysler Corporation in 1925, stepped in with a rather ambitious proposal, calling investors and workers to collectively save the iconic brand alongside Dodge, Ram, and Jeep.

More at link...

In a perfect world this would be justice. I'm only guessing the complexity to pull that off?

But I got a few grand to invest on a long shot? Go for it!

[/URL]

• Frank B. Rhodes, Jr., wants to create a new Chrysler Corporation, proposing himself as a leader.
  • His goal is to save Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep, criticizing Stellantis for mismanagement.
  • Rhodes made an open call to investors and workers for their support in creating the new entity.
Many Americans disagree with the way that Stellantis has treated Chrysler in recent years, reducing its lineup to the, now discontinued, 300 sedan and the Pacifica minivan. Frank B. Rhodes, Jr., the great grandson of Walter P. Chrysler who founded the Chrysler Corporation in 1925, stepped in with a rather ambitious proposal, calling investors and workers to collectively save the iconic brand alongside Dodge, Ram, and Jeep.

More at link...
And now it says “Stiry unavailable.”

Woke bastards

Well, I don't want to sound negative, but I would not hold my breath yet. He COULD possibly do something that would make us happy, but he could also start listening to the bean counters who will tell him what to do to make the max profits.

Just cause he’s the great grandson of Walter doesn’t mean he’s gonna be any better than anyone else. Descendants leading the company that was founded by a famous leader/creator do not have a strong track record.

[/URL]

More at link...
Sign me up, would love to help save Chrysler

Apparently he's already made a financial proposal to Stellantis. I'd say he either has the money or the backing.
I used to own Chrysler stock before Cerberus Capital pretty much forced all of the stock holders to sell to them at the price they said they would pay. You didn't get the option to refuse.
If this gets some traction and there's an IPO, I'd be down to play again.
I still blame Bob Eaton for this whole mess.

Doesn’t matter what he does with the company if he buys it, he still has to abide by all of the ridiculous EPA mandates and C.A.F.E regulations that are putting all real car companies in the shitter.

-
Back