Great Month For FABO Members

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
First, let me congratulate HemiMark on his phenomenal 68 Hemi Barracuda feature in this month's Mopar Action. The story is fantastic. I am going to re-read it again and again, and I have always loved that car since the great eBay score...

As a footnote, yours truly got a mention in the Reader's Ride portion. I do want to clear up some inconsistencies on their mention of the car. It was NOT restored by me. The hard work and documentation was done by Paul Sullivan, who was the previous owner and did ALL of the hard work and documentation. I am merely sprucing all of his hard work. I had to clear that up. I was happy to get a mention though!

I need to pick up the new issue! Congrats to you and HemiMark! tmm

That is so cool! Congratulations to both of you. Did anybody see the turbo Slant six Duster, with a demon rear panel on it, in the April Car Craft. Is he a member here too?

Nice job! Both of you. Congrats. I haven't picked up any of the rags in years, but I will have to find this one.

Thanks for the replies! Here is a link to the issue I am talking about. HemiMark's article is "The Passing". It just showed up in my mailbox yesterday, so if you are not a subscriber, it might take a week or so to hit newsstands.

http://www.moparaction.com/Next/next.html

june2015.jpg

june2015index.jpg

I also wanted to mention the SBP Rallyes that are on the car in the magazine picture are obviously not period correct. I have the bias plys and 14X5.5 steelies set aside because they are so hateful to drive anywhere on. For the Spring Fling, I will put on the steelies and deluxe wire caps that are in my avatar (even though the car came with the turbines, which are in great shape and packed away).

That is so cool! Congratulations to both of you. Did anybody see the turbo Slant six Duster, with a demon rear panel on it, in the April Car Craft. Is he a member here too?

don't know if he is a member or not. sweet build though. and the first paragragh of the article is priceless....

If Mopar guys are a different breed, then the ones fixated on the Slant Six "tower of power" might just as well be from another planet. So when we found out about a wacko Slant Six 1974 Plymouth Duster with rear-mount turbo system prowling the backroads of North Carolina, we figured the owner would come off something like Brad Pitt's character in 12 Monkeys, and that we'd have to make sure he took his meds before meeting us.

Fortunately, owner Brian Mimken wasn't mumbling to himself or gesturing wildly when we caught up with him. He wasn't adjusting a tinfoil hat, either, and his wife even let him wear shoes with laces for our photo shoot. All in all, he seemed perfectly normal. Then again, how normal is it to channel one's energy into a hair-dried Slant Six? Just to be safe, we kept our arms low, in a non-threatening manner, and didn't mention a word about those satellites watching our every move.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1504-1974-plymouth-duster-crazy-like-a-fox/#ixzz3TXHqwLkW

I saw both cars in the mag a couple days ago. I recognized Mark's as soon as I spotted a picture because I've seen it in person a few times. Nice job of cleaning the sparrows and robins out of the injector stacks by the way.

-
Back