Great news about Laysons ***PLEASE READ****

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
I got this in my email! I am glad it is finally over for them and the hobby!

Layson’s Restorations Exonerated
Charges dropped with prejudice in Pennsylvania

(Lakewood-WA) Layson’s Restorations is pleased to announce the end of a patent and
trademark investigation in the state of Pennsylvania. This follows the FBI’s move to drop
its case last fall. It is the end of a lengthy legal battle that began at the Chryslers
at Carlisle event in July of 2008.

Layson’s can again focus entirely on doing what it does best: Serving our customers and
helping them bring their Mopar dreams to life. We would like to express our deepest
appreciation to our customers, vendors, business partners and even competitors who
encouraged us and provided the moral support to see us through this difficult time.

We want to extend a special thanks to Robert Wolff of Mopar Collectors Guide and Phil
Painter – both of whom made the effort to see through the issues and into the truth of
the matter. We will always be grateful.

Going forward, we hope these developments when combined with a turnaround in the economy
will allow us to recall some of the loyal employees we were forced to lay off and
continue our quest to make more parts and improve our processes to better serve our
customers who, along with our love of classic cars, motivate us to be the best we can be
every day.

Now that we can again turn our attention to the hobby we love, look for an improved
website, more product releases and our continued support of our loyal customer base at
the major Mopar shows around the country.

In the end, we hope that the legal issues surrounding the manufacture and sale of legal
reproduction parts have been resolved once and for all – for the good of the hobby, and
those of us investing and working to restore valuable pieces of American automotive
history.

We will have a video statement up on our www.youtube.com/gimeaV8 site in the near future,
but until then, we’re just thankful this chapter in our company’s history is over and
that our customers will continue to have access to high quality and affordable
reproduction parts for their restoration projects.

You are receiving this email because you have purchased from us before. As a prior customer we believe that you have a desire to learn about sales for your car parts. If you would rather not be advised of sales through email, reply to this email with the word REMOVE in the subject line and we will remove you from our email listing.

1: if I need it
2: if they have it
3: if I really need it
4: if no one else has it
5: if I really really need it
6: if its in my hand & I am drunk or desperate
THEN perhaps just perhaps I will buy from them

Well, I have bought more than $2000 from them over the years and have NEVER been dissatisfied in any way, product or service. Most every vender of the parts we want seems overpriced, if their stuff is any good. But in reality, nothing is overpriced if you buy it. Try making it yourself... That's what I thought! Our fickleness to buy adds to the escalated price. Shoot we overprice the stuff we sell on here to each other. If you want it, and they have it and you don't, you have two choices: Buy it or do without. I'll shut up before I offend someone (like I probably already have)

Well, I have bought more than $2000 from them over the years and have NEVER been dissatisfied in any way, product or service. Most every vender of the parts we want seems overpriced, if their stuff is any good. But in reality, nothing is overpriced if you buy it. Try making it yourself... That's what I thought! Our fickleness to buy adds to the escalated price. Shoot we overprice the stuff we sell on here to each other. If you want it, and they have it and you don't, you have two choices: Buy it or do without. I'll shut up before I offend someone (like I probably already have)

them being crooks really have nothing to do with price or that stupid part number crap. its more about taking peoples money for parts they don't have. its been posted over and over on all the mopar sites so there is no need to go into it again. so like i said do what you want. but my advice is if you need to buy from them just make sure the part is in your hand before fot hand cash over to them.

Glad to here everything worked out right for Layson's. I have & will continue to do business with them. They've been pleasant, helpful, and in my eyes, fairly priced. (often cheaper than Year One & Paddock). There may have been problems in the past, but things change. I know that once you have a bad reputation it becomes tough to change peoples opinions. We Mopar people have so few suppliers we can't afford to lose any of them. You can be sure that if Layson's were gone Year One & Paddock would surely raise prices due to a lack of competition.
To all of you who slam Layson's & wish they were gone, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

This is not only good news for Layson's but the entire aftermarket industry! The charges were BS all along and the heavy handedness with which it was handled was straight out of the Gestapo play book.

maybe the repro parts they advertised 10 yrs ago will get made now?

-
Back