Great site!

-

Walkstep

Reaction score
This site is a great resource and has lots of pretty pictures. I'm looking forward to posting some pics of my gold '68 Dart GTS 383.

It was a drag car in a previous life but is very stock looking now. I've been working on it for several years performing many of the upgrades in the Mopar Performance Handbook by Tom Condran. These include 11 3/4" Mopar disk brakes, a fully TIG/stick welded, reenforced, powder coated '74 K member with a Hemi skid plate, and a few other handling upgrades.

I was running it with the 440 It came with with but pulled it to go over the internals. I found that the block was cracked down the mains and some of the webbing was busted out...but it still ran strong!!!

The car also came with the bare original 383 block. I took it to Dave's Engine Machining in Newark, CA and it checked out fine. Now it's .30 over and getting a 440Source 496 stroker kit and some aluminum heads.

I'm replacing the inner fenders while the engine's out. It had a bad fender well header patch job covered with black undercoating to hide the repair.

Thanks again for a great site.

Welcome to FABO Walkstep!Let me be the first to ask for some..pretty pictures of your car.LOL.Sounds like a fairly rare car if I remember.My friend had a 68 Dart with 383 in highschool,back in the late 70,s.:-D

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Pics! We need pics!!!

-
Back