great... stupid walmart.

-

DadGum_Teen

Reaction score
got fired from pushin carts at walmart tonight. for "poor job performance". its superbowl sunday for christ sake! everybody and their dog was at walmart, how am i suppose to have a stinkin cart ready for you when im the only one there? but thats a fine example of walmart logic. they make me sick. its only a highschool job though, never liked the place anyway. if only everybody knew how walmart operates behind the curtains... its terrible

Not going to look good on your resume. don't even think of putting them down on one. Try to accout for that time you worked their some other way.

Walmart has become a giant user of people. They did you a favor firing you!

How long did you work for them and do you pay into/qualify for unemployment? If you do, go down tommorrow and sign up for it.

Either way, screw Walmart! Enjoy the game.

At one point in my life I was living in a 1976 Toyota Chinook pop top, staying at Walmarts through the province and whatnot, with a friend. We were parked at one in particular for a bit, and thought it was alright since Walmart has that thing where motorhomes and campers can stay in their parking lots. We were always going inside and buying groceries there, and other things. Basically all our shopping..
One day the manager comes out and knocks on the door, and asks us what we're doing. We were sitting inside the camper making dinner, so we reply 'uh.. making dinner?..' And the asshole tells us we have to leave. I ask 'Why??' and he says 'You just have to leave. If you don't, the cops will be here to make you leave.' Then I say 'We aren't leaving until you give us a reason' and the guy says that because we never 'asked' permission to stay, that we can't stay. So I asked if every single other camper in the parkinglot asked permission, and he said 'No, but you guys have to leave.' Not to mention there was a guy living in his mini van there who was hammered every day, and there was also a large RV parked there, with nobody in it, supposedly had been there for 3 years now. What bullsh!t, even to this day I don't understand why we were singled out and asked to leave. We were doing the same things everyone else was. Oh well.

Before everybody jumps on the "I hate Wal Mart" bandwagon, don't forget there are two sides to every story, and somewhere in between is the truth.

Were there any other job performance issues?
How many times had he been counseled on doing a poor job?
How often did he gripe to co-workers about pushing carts in the cold weather?

The fact he said he never liked the place speaks volumes about his attitude toward the job.

IMHO, it sounds like WM had reached the end of their rope and had no other choice than to let him go.

Ha, that last one kind of made me laugh.

If you want to know why I feel like Wal-Mart is a terrible place let me share with you one story, ( I don't want to bore you with too many, but I have a lot)

Wal-Mart has always been short handed at our store, and they do it on purpose. No department has enough people, and we all knew it. But about a week before the infamous "Black Friday", they hired approximately 15-20 new people. It was a great relief and somewhat exciting, cause we even had a new cart pusher :). So anyways, they go through orientation, fill out all the paperwork, and go through all the computer-based-learning. And after a few days of getting use to their job, black friday rolls around. They work through the 5am-12pm rush, and what do ya know, they survive! But you know what happened the next day? The store manager FIRED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. They just used those people and threw them away like trash. Not one person was kept. And I have plenty more stories such as this. So I hope you somewhat understand.

And I'm not trying to snap back at you or anything, 340_833_dart, (i'm friendly :D) but I wouldn't worry about figuring out if I was a poor performer or complaining all the time. Cause just to throw it out, I stayed in wrestling for 5 years with a repeated state champ as a coach. Conditioning for us wasn't an easy task you just waddle through. Takes a great amount of self discipline. I really don't want to sounds snappy, I just feel I need to defend myself somewhat.

every place of employment can no doubt provide some horror stories. i worked for the Postal Service for close to 20 years and was witness first hand to some very interesting things.

Not gonna argue with you on the Walmart treating workers as throw aways. My sister worked there. She left after a week when they tried to violate state law and forced her to work through break. Eight hour shift in NY means half hour lunch, two fifteen minute breaks. They refused to give her a break. She went to take one, she got a minute into it and they demanded she go back out on the floor. She didn't even tell them she was leaving, she just walked out.

On the other hand, as a customer, I've been on the other end, too. Two weeks ago I was at Sam's Club (Walmart associate store) when the two cart pushers were standing at the corner of the building shooting the bull and smoking cigarettes. The store was packed. All the carts were in the corrals. The customers had to walk back outside and get his or her own cart. I even heard one of the little $&%@ say "it's Saturday, the customers should know to bring a cart in with them." As he stood there. Shooting the bull and smoking a cigarette.
As I stood with the courtesy girl as she called the manager on my behalf I watched them casually walk to the closest corral and pull out ten carts. Yeah, ten carts between the two of them. The manager got an earful about his workers' attitudes and behavior. When I came out of the store, there were hardly any carts left in the corrals and the kids were on opposite sides of the parking lot.

The fact he said he never liked the place speaks volumes about his attitude toward the job.

IMHO, it sounds like WM had reached the end of their rope and had no other choice than to let him go.

Gotta disagree with you there, just because he was honest and stated he doesnt like the place doesnt mean his attitude sucks.Sooooo everyone that doesnt like their job has a shi**ty attitude?? I disagree.

I'd get back at 'em and start stealing their carts like Bubbles!!

welcome to the club dagum teen I also worked there I know all about thier games I quit after 6 months and went to auto zone paid better and I got to look up parts and get paid to do it as for wal mart good riddince I havent shopped there in 2 years htey came to town here and killed alco and wouldnt hire any employees from there so they were left out to dry my mom was one of them

just got back from walmart...could have used someone to push my cart...

glad you're outta there... i hear toyota's hiring for nite shift :toothy10:

What r they payin? I figure they'll probably fix the problem by chopping the corner off the floor mat and putting a bigger spring on the gas pedal...LOL:toothy10:

Regardless of the details of your termination, you will be better off someplace else. Their abuses are well-documented. Good luck!

Regardless of the details of your termination, you will be better off someplace else. Their abuses are well-documented. Good luck!

I agree. The wife picked up some extra work there and came home with some of the crazies stories as well. All above was wrapped up in a few days time from the tales of today at work from the wife.

She left on her own.

They are abusive, as seen on TV, time and time again.

They are abusive, as seen on TV, time and time again.

Was it like that when Sam Walton was alive? A lot of things have changed about the store since he passed away. Remember when Walmart would seek out local manufacturers and sell those goods? We had a furniture shop here in Elmira boom when Walmart first came in ages ago and started selling there furniture.

Remember when the "Made in America" decals and tags would be all over the place?

Did they treat employees better back then, too?

Was it like that when Sam Walton was alive? A lot of things have changed about the store since he passed away. Remember when Walmart would seek out local manufacturers and sell those goods? We had a furniture shop here in Elmira boom when Walmart first came in ages ago and started selling there furniture.

Remember when the "Made in America" decals and tags would be all over the place?

Did they treat employees better back then, too?

The place has changed since Mr. Sam died, and not necessarily for the better.
But, I can't feel sorry for someone who says he never liked the job and got fired for poor performance.
Besides, who really loves their job?
However, in these days and times you had better perform at 100% all the time because there are countless numbers of people who would love to take your job.

The place has changed since Mr. Sam died, and not necessarily for the better.
But, I can't feel sorry for someone who says he never liked the job and got fired for poor performance.
Besides, who really loves their job?
However, in these days and times you had better perform at 100% all the time because there are countless numbers of people who would love to take your job.

Couldn't agree more. Which is what I pointed out to the manager at Sam's Club for the poor performance and attitude about his employees.

But was just wondering if anyone could testify to how the company treated it's employees when Mr. Walton was still alive.

It's the higher ups that think they are untouchable.
Like Ralph Kramden said: "Be nice to the people up
meet on the way up the ladder, becauseyou're going
to meet the same people on the way down the ladder."

Well, I wasn’t one of the people there with their dog.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=50161&highlight=chihuahua

(Full disclosure would be nice: Who works at Wal-Mart?)

In this “economy” it is hard to lose a job. Your age demographic is especially hard hit. (You are a young male?)
Hope you can count it as a learning experience.
Sorry for you loss though.

Buy the way, here's some good news.
That dog had seizures and died.

She wasn't even three years old.
Her replacement is named Jasmine.
Sweet dog.
No pictures right now. Or maybe ever.

Think I'll go visit this site.
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

I'm glad I'm not an employer in this country. They can't hire the Mexicans and all the Americans under 25 yrs old with proper work ethic and attitude are in the military.

-
Back