greatest rock n roll front men.......

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I'm not sure if a thread like this has been on here.I hope Smallblock won't shoot me but his thread inspired this one. My pick for greatest front men in a rock band is:

1. Robert Plant /Freddie Mercury.......itsa tie
2.Bon Scott
3.Paul Rodgers
4. Mic Jagger - I don't like much of their stuff but he's
good
5.Janice Joplin--yea i know

None of those are metal, so you mean your favorite classic rock front men.

How about the greatest/1 of the geatest guitar player singers of all time

Jimmy Hendrix, Steve Ray Vaughn.

David Lee Roth has to be in there somewhere.

IGGY POP

if you have ever seen the Stooges play live you know i am talking about

he was like a wild animal set ablaze after being tarred and feathered with fireworks

Dreno, My middle name is "Inspiration" . Go for it and i'll even contribute. Front men. How about Sammy Haggar? John Fogerty? Don Henly for the Eagles but they had several good guys. Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys? How about Jim Morrison? Yes Joplin was the front man for that band, and for that matter she was the band. Without her they wouldn't be. I often wonder what they would be doing today if she were still alive. A big 10-4 on Stevie Ray.
Small Block

As to my vote for my favorite frontman?

Alice Cooper

Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Ozzy, Phil Anselmo, Paul Stanley, Corey Taylor..... if you wanna go Metal lol

None of those are metal, so you mean your favorite classic rock front men.

How about the greatest/1 of the geatest guitar player singers of all time

Jimmy Hendrix, Steve Ray Vaughn.
Bon Scott was the first AC/DC lead singer??No metal??AC/DC made metal what it is today!He is sadly missed,one of my favorites.

Iggy and the Stooges are a personal favorite of mine, but....dude's pretty "out there" and unconventional....I still worship those guys tho'.

Bon Scott....another one....he is the total personification of a low-down, dirty, take-it-any-way-he-can-get-it kinda dude....and a purely awesome rock n roller......I'd say he wins.

Paul Rodgers.....pure top quality singer....and one of my faves, but not a lotta showmanship tho'.

David Lee Roth.....almost TOO much showmanship.....but the guy sings pretty damn good.....not the best singer tho', IMO.

Although Ozzy......naw....Ozzy wins. He's just got too much history and charisma.....and the dude pretty much helped invent "metal".....and when he reinvented himself in '87.....my god...it was just like he started over....and RULED!

I notice nobody mentioned Robert Plant......I always liked Sabbath more than Led Zep, tho'.......but I think his voice is better than Ozzy's, but still.....Ozzy!

Ozzy should be in Wikipedia under METAL and ROCK!!!.......he's like a rock GOD!!

*Oh yeah...Alice Cooper's an awesome singer as well!!!....that guy can wail!!*

Just to let everybody know, the correct spellings are Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Bon Scott, no other voice & style like his. Roger Daltrey got to be up their also.

DIO....nuff said.

Okay, ted Nugent, Roger Daultrey.

BY the way, bruce Springsteen needs to be in the fag category.

david coverdale whitesnake
dave mustane megadeth
ian gillian deep purple black sabbath and jesus christ super star
david lee roth
blackie lawless wasp
axel rose
damm u for starting this thread lol
and iam not done

maybe not rock and roll but you have to admit James Brown, the Godfather Of Soul, Hardest Working Man in Show Business, Mr. Dynamite could be the best front-man of all bands, all time. He elevated fronting a band to an art form that no one has yet exceeded.
-Tim

-
Back