Greatest singers

-
For pure fun, guitar technique, and keeping rockabilly alive ..... Brian Setzer.

king.gif

No you DIDN'T just put King Diamond up there :snakeman:! A wail straight outta Hell...

Halford from Priest (well, circa '78 anyway) is definitely on my list for Metal.

No you DIDN'T just put King Diamond up there :snakeman:! A wail straight outta Hell...

Halford from Priest (well, circa '78 anyway) is definitely on my list for Metal.

Glad someone knew who he was, LOL I thought the joke was lost forever.

Hmmm... interesting mix of favorites.

Male:
Cory Taylor from Slipknot. He can scream with the best of them, and sing beautifully too. Check out Bother by his side project, Stone Sour. Awesome....

Chris Cornell. I don't have to add anything else here....

Ian Gillan from Deep Purple.

Rob Halford ......from back in the day at least.

Female:
I'll start this with a pair of Kate's:

Kate Peirson from the B-52's. She's one of my favorites. Never mind the cheesy crap they wrote...listen to her execution. Wow.

Kate Bush. Anytime you hear female back-up vocals on a Peter Gabriel album ("Don't give up" for example...and that's her in the video too. She's HOT.) it's probably her. She was a HUGE success in England. Never caught on here. Too bad.....

Sarah Vaughn is up there too... Along with Billy Holiday.

Shirley Manson from Garbage. I saw them live at Roseland in Manhattan one night and I left totally floored.... She's one of THE best out there.

And as for my in-between gender vote:

Marilyn Manson. Say what you want, but unless you've experienced one of his shows, you have to take my word. Being in a crowd of luanatics all singing along to "Beautiful People" is mind-numbing. :-D

Corys, good but Chris Cornell is terrible live IMO.

Chad Gray has to be my favorite metal vocalist right now. Better scream then Cory's and another great singer when he feels like doing so.

Yep, Johnny Cash gets my vote. Easily the most recognizable voice of all time. I saw a list of the best back-up bands one time and Johnnys back-up, the Tennessee Two, was #2 on the list. When asked why, the answer was that Johnny's voice was the only lead insturment in the band and they were the perfect compliment to his voice. Roy Orbison is also high on my list, and Pat Benetar for the girls. I am big into Bluegrass and there are a host of great voices in bluegrass, all worthy of this list, but one thing remains constant in the music world. It doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to, when you mention Johnny Cash, everyone agrees that he is on top of everyone's list. Just mine, rock on boys and girls!!! Geof

Elvis,roy Orbision,jackie Wilson,levi Stubbs, Ray Price,marty Robbins,,and Tons Of Otheres From Back In The Day,,,

Freddie Mercury - Queen
Dan McCafferty - Nazareth
Robert Plant - Led Zep
Frankie Miller
Stephen Tyler- Aerosmith
Paul Rodgers
Chris Cornell
Bon Scott -AC/DC
Anne Wilson

Tons of great singers out there. Lets try to modernize it up a bit though I feel stuck in the 70's. Here is a young talent performing a acoustic remix of Iron maidens wasted years. I think she does a fabulous job and has a wonderful voice. Noelle LeBlanc of the rock group Damone. If your ever in Boston Mass catch their act at TT's... you wont be dissapointed. For a total rocker chick she handles her voice pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhfzaeyT6oY

fish breath thanks for the cash video,,,koool he was the first country syle performer i seen live,,milwalkie stae fair,,1978

I am totally into Scott Weiland,I have been a huge stp fan for years and listening to their diversity and his ability to meld into it is amazing.

I am totally into Scott Weiland,I have been a huge stp fan for years and listening to their diversity and his ability to meld into it is amazing.

Scott does have a cool style, if he can just stay off the smack. He`s one of those stars that`s high on the dead pool list.

I`m probably showing my age, but here you go.

My favorites have always been........

Country.....Johnny Cash, Freddie Fender, Conway Twitty, Faron Young, and George Strait for the males. Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Anne Murray, and Dolly Parton for the females.

Rock......Roger Hodgson, Bon Scott, Elvin Bishop, and too many others to name. Female faves include Grace Slick, Anne Lennox, Pat Benatar, and Chrissy Hines, and Melissa Etheridge.

R/B-Soul.....Billy Holliday and the unmatched (in my opinion) Etta James....

I could go on forever......I love music and have a varied taste. I love everything from classical to grunge. The only thing I can`t get my head around is "gangsta rap" (and most hip-hop).

But if I choose one that I'd listen to for the voice? Jim Reeves.

tons of great singers out there,,,imagine if we didnt have music ????/

i knew and worked with faron young,,,what a funny guy,, almost better at telling jokes then singing,,,shame he didnt like where is career was going,,he shot him self back in 1989 ish,,,

-
Back