Green axel bearings whats the story

-
just because something works doesnt make it better, in fact some of the people using them (green bearing) still say the factory set up is stronger, I mean a lot of people have run 7 1/4 rears for a long time and had no problems, so if your going to the expense ant trouble of swapping out and rebuilding a rear, a stronger rear, why do something to make it weaker? I cant imagine anyone here being afraid of a little bearing adjustment. so I must be missing something some advantage the green bearings have over the factory set up. like the thread title says "whats the story?"

Simplicity is one reason, you don't have to clean and pack green brgs. You don't have to worry about axle seals with green bearings and you have to have them with a spool. Simple enough?

Here's a question,
Does anybody have a kit to go back to the original tapered bearings and adjuster?

I know back in the day the tapered roller bearing is leak prone and that can cause brake problems when the fluid gets on the shoes. I know that just about EVERY tapered roller bearing rearend that I have taken apart has had some kind of leak or another. I think that this debate isnt about which is stronger its about simplicity. So I dont want to upset anyone about this, I just want to educate the OP and help him make an informed decision.

Here's a question,
Does anybody have a kit to go back to the original tapered bearings and adjuster?

as far as i know no one repops the adjuster and you have to find NOS ones. they pop up on ebay once in a while but that are expensive.

Simplicity is one reason, you don't have to clean and pack green brgs. You don't have to worry about axle seals with green bearings and you have to have them with a spool. Simple enough?
only a moron would run a spool in a street car

only a moron would run a spool in a street car

WOW really?! "moron" thats a pretty ignorant statement. I run a spool on the street and it works just fine. Guys like you are whats making this forum a pain in the a&&. If you dont have anything constructive to say then you can just tell it to yourself and save us decent people the pain and suffering. You seem to miss the point of everyones statements which supports my thinking of your low IQ. Save the editorial comments, we dont want to hear it.

I said STREET car not RACE car driving a RACE car on the street does not make it a street car, a "street car" is just that a car that is DRIVEN on the street, not a show car, not a hot rod, something you can drive anywhere in any weather, and yes if you put a spool in that car YOU ARE A MORON!!!

and back on subject http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=6039

There was a problem with some of the axle flange plates coming loose from the bearing itself on some of the Green bearings units that I have used. I understand that these were supposely recalled by the factory but
please beware that some of these units are still out there for sale.

I said STREET car not RACE car driving a RACE car on the street does not make it a street car, a "street car" is just that a car that is DRIVEN on the street, not a show car, not a hot rod, something you can drive anywhere in any weather, and yes if you put a spool in that car YOU ARE A MORON!!!

and back on subject http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=6039

Obviously you never have run a spool on the street. So since you have no experience in it I will be nice and call you ignorant. I think your mouth is totally out of hand and I find your posts offensive. I am finding more and more that there are more members resorting to these kinds of posts and making this forum a bad place. Such a shame since a fellow like Snake comes here for advice and support and turds like yourself offers up your unsubstantiated opinion which worthless to any one. But if it makes you feel more like a cool dude to resort to name calling and crap post like what you just posted then go ahead, I guess? Congrats on being a total bummer to the OP.

Yeah the cone bearings were over engineered but that`s what longevity is all about. The Brooklyn Bridge was over engineered too.

Obviously you never have run a spool on the street. So since you have no experience in it I will be nice and call you ignorant. I think your mouth is totally out of hand and I find your posts offensive. I am finding more and more that there are more members resorting to these kinds of posts and making this forum a bad place. Such a shame since a fellow like Snake comes here for advice and support and turds like yourself offers up your unsubstantiated opinion which worthless to any one. But if it makes you feel more like a cool dude to resort to name calling and crap post like what you just posted then go ahead, I guess? Congrats on being a total bummer to the OP.

O.K. if spools are so great on the street why don't all cars come with them from the factory? if you had a better understanding of how a rear differential works you would not be so inclined to hold this opinion, I suggest you learn about the different types of rears, open, limited slip, locker,& spool, then get back to me, perhaps you could even start a new thread on the subject.

-
Back