Green Bearing Oring part number listed

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
I have Dr Diff axels with green bearing on the 68 Barracuda. Looking for replacement o rings for the green bearing I have found numerous internet threads where, when looking for those o rings the response was, ' just go to NAPA they have a bunch of Orings, just match up a set, or just go to your local hardware store...'

I never was an ORing Engineer, so I did some measuring, then went looking for how Orings are sized.

What I found is Orings are largely grouped together by a 'Dash' size. And the Dash size that matches to the Orings that were originally on the Dr Diff Green bearings is a Dash 146.

So you can google Dash 146 O Ring and get a large selection of O rings in the correct size in a variety of materials from several different vendors.

I went with Buna N material, as that material is listed as having good resistance to hydraulic oils, I also went with medium hardness. Using only human tactile, the feel, flexibility, color, gloss of the replacement Orings are identical to the original Orings.

I bought a pouch 10 of the replacement Orings at Granger for $2.95 with tax it came to $3.16
The Granger part number is 41UK44

066A1598-7E2E-4842-AD58-D774C76740B2.jpeg

AFD0A91F-0A49-4891-B9B3-40A96FBCA09E.jpeg

I have Dr Diff axels with green bearing on the 68 Barracuda. Looking for replacement o rings for the green bearing I have found numerous internet threads where, when looking for those o rings the response was, ' just go to NAPA they have a bunch of Orings, just match up a set, or just go to your local hardware store...'

I never was an ORing Engineer, so I did some measuring, then went looking for how Orings are sized.

What I found is Orings are largely grouped together by a 'Dash' size. And the Dash size that matches to the Orings that were originally on the Dr Diff Green bearings is a Dash 146.

So you can google Dash 146 O Ring and get a large selection of O rings in the correct size in a variety of materials from several different vendors.

I went with Buna N material, as that material is listed as having good resistance to hydraulic oils, I also went with medium hardness. Using only human tactile, the feel, flexibility, color, gloss of the replacement Orings are identical to the original Orings.

I bought a pouch 10 of the replacement Orings at Granger for $2.95 with tax it came to $3.16
The Granger part number is 41UK44

View attachment 1715915654

View attachment 1715915655

This is just what I was looking for but there not listed on the Canidian Grainger site and the American site won't ship them to Canada :realcrazy::realcrazy:

Also a good resource for parts and materials such as O rings, nuts bolts and a million other items

McMaster-Carr

McMaster-Carr
I too use McMaster Carr, but for these Orings, McMaster Carr was over $12.00 for a package of ten, plus shipping.
Granger was around $3.00 for ten and they have local stores so I could pick up and not pay shipping.

I too use McMaster Carr, but for these Orings, McMaster Carr was over $12.00 for a package of ten, plus shipping.
Granger was around $3.00 for ten and they have local stores so I could pick up and not pay shipping.

Thanks, good to know. I not used granger in a while. But should start looking at them again…

-
Back