Greeting from the Netherlands!

-

JozefJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Jozef Jan (JJ) from the Netherlands.
Just entering the classics/mopar scene with a 1973 Dart Sport. It's being prepared in the shop to be road-ready. When I get to drive it i'm looking forward to lots of miles of fun driving.

As I'm not an experienced mechanic, you will probably see me around the more technical parts of the forum asking rookie questions.. ;-).

Cheers!

Dart3.jpeg

Dart2.jpeg

Dart1.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup, ben van huis uit Brabander maar woon al bijna 20 jaar in de VS

dus, vertel eens wat meer over die dodge?

That car of yours looks incredibly well preserved! Has it been restored before? If not, I have to wonder where it's been all these years to stay in such good shape.

That car of yours looks incredibly well preserved! Has it been restored before? If not, I have to wonder where it's been all these years to stay in such good shape.
Thanks! It's lived its previous life in sunny california with, as far as we know, its first or second owner. He has always taken good care of the car, both inside and outside. Fitting the age of the car, some components have been restored or replaced during its 51-year life but paint, engine and driving/braking setup is in mint condition. There is always something to work on, but the basics are in excellent condition.

Under the hood is a 318cui, mated to a 3-speed automatic transmission. So in origin its not built for racing but more for cruising around. A nice car to enter the classics-scene with, so I would think.

Last edited:
I was born and raised in sunny Southern California, but sadly my 75 Duster spent its first eight years in states where things get a bit colder and roads get salted when it snows. So even though it was only five years old when I bought it, I have some minor corrosion issues to deal with. I'm a bit jealous now.

-
Back