greetings, very nice site, glad to have found it

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm not at all a car person (though this may change/has been), just bought my second car, happened to be an A-body (the car looked nice, what can i say). Thankfully the car was in good running shape, but I have done somethings to it like get the turn signals and brake lights to work. I'm sure to be required to put more work in the car, and just want to say that this site looks like an awesome resource. I'm soooo glad you guys are here sharing your love and expertise of these cars.

:cheers::read2::cheers:
Alex

Welcome to the site buddy! You sure found the best mopar site on the net! Please post some pics of your car!

Welcome aboard Alex!!!!!! Has anyone mentioned that we LOVE car **** and you need to get some pics up when you have the time? lol

Welcome. The brake light/turn signal issue is very likely the signal switch in the steering column. The first best thing you could buy for that car is a factory service manual. Manuals on cd can be had for cheap.
I could help you diagnose the electrical circuits with a simple test light over the net. Providing instructions you would need to replace that switch over the net isn't practical.
Anyway.... Happy moparing :)

Welcome to the A Body love fest Alex! It's great you decided to become a part of our family. Before you know it, you'll be as addicted as the rest of us. Make yourself at home and enjoy. :-D

Welcome to FABO, Alex, from a SoCal FABO member that's in 'build mode' on a '69 Dart. You're right, great people and resources here.
Gotta warn you to be careful though, your 'new' Dart is gonna turn you into a "car guy"!
Nice pic of your new ride in your personal information section. Post up more pics for all to see. That yellow paint will show up better if it's not in the shadows.

:) thanks all,

heres the new **** star, shes got a 318 in her and she runs nice, nice sounding dual exhaust. I need to take some pics of the nice white interior and decent looking motor

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

Welcome. The brake light/turn signal issue is very likely the signal switch in the steering column. The first best thing you could buy for that car is a factory service manual. Manuals on cd can be had for cheap.
I could help you diagnose the electrical circuits with a simple test light over the net. Providing instructions you would need to replace that switch over the net isn't practical.
Anyway.... Happy moparing :)

I did replace the turn signal switch, it works now, thanks

Nice car ! Not sure why I like yellow cars. My 1st car was a pale yellow 71 Gremlin. After a fender bender I spent an hour comparing yellows in a chip book. Had the whole car painted with laquer Lemon Twist. My dream car is a 69 modtop notch in sunfire yellow.
Maybe I owned a taxicab compant in a previous life LOL

Yeah its not a taxi,
when i bought it it had a black hood sweep taped on the hood and looked alot meaner. I would perfer black with the white interior but that would cook in California. I've seen some nice blues or light tans on here that I may paint it someday. or i may rivet on that hood sweep to make it look like a mean sob again, if I go this route I want to make it a functional sweep

even though its not my first color choice, its fun, still looks nice and i love

Welcome to FABO! Thats one sweet car you got there. Where at in California are you? If your down here in SoCal there is going to be a big Mopar show on Oct 30 called the Fall Fling. They have pats venders down there too if you need any parts for your car.

That Dart is SHARP!!!

Thanks dude!

Welcome to FABO! Thats one sweet car you got there. Where at in California are you? If your down here in SoCal there is going to be a big Mopar show on Oct 30 called the Fall Fling. They have pats venders down there too if you need any parts for your car.

Im in Davis now, though my car was born in LA shes not gona make it to the show.

Welcome Alex, great pics of your awesome Dart..........my Dart is also from California.
WOW!!! NICE car man! Very nice!

:) thanks, thanks

Nice car ! Not sure why I like yellow cars. My 1st car was a pale yellow 71 Gremlin. After a fender bender I spent an hour comparing yellows in a chip book. Had the whole car painted with laquer Lemon Twist. My dream car is a 69 modtop notch in sunfire yellow.
Maybe I owned a taxicab compant in a previous life LOL

yah, though im not as happy with the looks without the hood sweep, it still looks very nice. I think the Yellow and white is an awesome combo for california

-
Back