Gremlins in my electrical system?

-
I try to think of electricty as a monster that just wants to find ground. WE as an inteligent species figured out that if you put devices in between the source and ground you can make things work(or not work):) I know it gets a little more complicated than that but, Most problems are shorts or opens caused by shorts......just gotta find them. Try taking it in small sections. As far as not understanding the meter, Just make sure your on the correct setting for whatever your doing and try to get someone to assist and teach you the basics. I have been using a fluke digital with a bar graph for analog type signals for the past 20yrs and it's never failed me except for a dead battery once in awhile. GOOD LUCK with you electrical issues.

dartman!!!!! truer words were never spoken,,,, lol
and flukes keep me informed also.

my teachers always told me that 95% of all electrical problems are bad grounds or grounded equip. and that is true.

is the main hot wire to the alt touching the case? when you do the test that racyroy said, make sure that you put tape over that ring terminal.

after 4 more hours in the garage yesterday i finally got it fixed. i was simply sold the wrong alternator and i wrongly assumed i could make it work... i was sold a 1 prong alternator, but where the 2nd prong should have been, there was the terminal w/ a screw and everything, but no male spade. i mean, Exactly the same alternator. originally comparing the two, the terminal looked identical from what i could see inside, and even removing it and looking at the conection inside, so, i simply added a spade and hooked up the wire. i didnt even think anything of it. Lesson learned! anyways, bought the correct part and started shredding tires again. :cheers:

yeaaaaaaa!!!!! see just take your time and start at the begining of the problem work your way backwards and you'll find the problem,,, always remember that, and everything else we told you and you'll have no problems.....just remember take your time and do not jump around

racy.

the one prong alt would have worked if you would have remove exsisting reg and just ran the one wire to alt.

i figured as much; but then again, i wouldnt try with my luck w/ electrical equipment. :munky2::munky2::munky2:

-
Back