Grenaded it

-

72dustyer

All go, no show
Reaction score
lost my row box last nite, I knew it was ugly but...

DSCF0665.jpg

DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

Hate to see that. Well it looks rebuildable though. At least the fly wheel did
not come loose on you. My car has a bad scar on it from that.

Was that an aluminum case (looks like it)? OD or regular 833? What do you have for an engine? I just want to know what might happen with the right combination.

Nah it's toast I could get 0.12 a lb for it, side cover is still good. That was done with a 340 j headed 452 hp engine. It was the first I had it out this year after putting new fenders on, really all I wanted to do was adjust the headlights and maybe shave a little off the tires. One thing led to another ....

so I was rolling back then dumping the clutch in front of my buddy's house and after the second one it went boom crunch crunch puke

One thing led to another ....

so I was rolling back then dumping the clutch in front of my buddy's house and after the second one it went boom crunch crunch puke

WOW!!!!!!! Like they used to say out in Lancaster County when I lived there "Sum ***** done did blowed up REAL good!"

Sorry to see the carnage..... hopefully you'll be back in the saddle soon.

I myself have not "Split a case" but have made alot of gear teeth look like that once. Hell of a job there. Best of luck on a quick recovery. It's spring time and nothing worse than loosen the ride at the opening of the season.

If that was a O/D I'm in need of a good main shaft If you want to part out whats left. Might as well try to get something back out of it. I do have a good standard gear trans in a alum case if your looking for a new one. Pm me

Jamie from Passon Performance said he's gonna put it up on the wall of shame.
Hopefully by next weekend I'll be back out, but taking it a little easier.
Hey you know how it is on the first ride out

DAAAAAAAAAAMN!

I'm going to take this as a warning to be REAL careful when building an A833OD for the 496ci I'll be building up...

I have a feeling Jamie and me are going to get real familiar with each other during this build...

wow...im really surprised..those 833s are made to handle 500HP no problem..thats the same tranny used with the Hemi's other than the different spline....sorry to see that happen to ya though

I have heard that those OD A833 are not for play....They WILL NOT handle the hp like the A833 non ODs will...

Rick

Jamie from Passon Performance said he's gonna put it up on the wall of shame.
Hopefully by next weekend I'll be back out, but taking it a little easier.
Hey you know how it is on the first ride out

Yeah, first ride out trying to feel up your buddy's junk! I told you before to keep your god damn hands off of me! :thefinge:

That may be the fourth time I fell for the ol' "let's go adjust the headlights" thing, but I'm telling you it'll be the last, probably.:love1:

What's a Dustyer, anyway?

-
Back