Greyhound issue?

-

Stepper

Reaction score
Anyone have issues shipping items via Greyhound?

I paid for a door to be shipped from Oregon to Detroit...about 2 weeks ago.
The shipper has all paperwork that was generated on his side when he sent it. But wasn't given a Tracking Number.

Greyhound cannot find the item for me without me providing them the tracking number. Since I don't have a tracking number, I'm stuck in a viscous circle with Greyhound.

I have no reason to think the seller is being dishonest. But am curious if anyone has had issues with Greyhound shipping and how they resolved it.

Thanks

I just shipped a fender from Oregon to Detroit. I could not track on line, but called them and they told me where it was and when it should arrive. Tracking # is on the receipt, top right corner I think.

We ship a bunch of stuff thru greyhound. "Sometimes" it takes longer than you would expect. I have had great luck with them so far. Give the terminal where it is supposed to be delivered to a call and see if it is just sitting there waiting. I have seen that before. Good luck.

I have never had issues with Greyhound, but everything has been Canada side. Get the seller/shipper to take a photo of his receipt and email it to you. Thats what I do

Having not used Greyhound in the past, I didn't know the tracking number was listed on the receipt. I asked the shipper to send it to me.
Thanks again guys.
Mike

I don't think I would ever use Greyhound except if I was traveling somewhere. Where do they put the packages?

Is it slot cheaper to send through grey hound or what is the plus side of doing it? Haha greyhound stops like half a mile from my house and I have never shipped with them

The receipt has a GLI #, which is the number they use.

If the item is big and you send it the least expensive way, it goes on a space available basis. I had something take 5 weeks to arrive. It would have taken 1 week, except for the giant blizzard that was happening across the midwest. Backed everything up and took a while.

Get the GLI # and have them put a trace on it.

-
Back