Grill paint color

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok now I am on to painting the 74 Duster grill.What color would be close to factory,no were that i know of around here can get the argent color,this is not going to be a trailer queen nor a no touch car so not to picky at this point.Thoughts.

Go to Home Depot and get Dull Aluminum by Krylon. I used it in my grill and I am happy with it.

Go to Home Depot and get Dull Aluminum by Krylon. I used it in my grill and I am happy with it.

Now thats answer I like, the back is a no brainier, I plan on black satin but masking booth sides is going to be very time boggling .Thanks for the quick help.

i think it is a match for the light argent on a standard or shark tooth grill
...not sure about '73

Snake, you could always go and talk to John at Napa......Hes a amazing with paint and he can get a very close to not perfect colour for you in a spray bomb..........Not the **** kind either.He knows his stuff.

Snake, you could always go and talk to John at Napa......Hes a amazing with paint and he can get a very close to not perfect colour for you in a spray bomb..........Not the **** kind either.He knows his stuff.

Thanks ED, thats a thought,ps your car looks cool.:glasses7:

ED, the only thing is how well does it stick to plastic.1969dartman maybe what he says i may try.

Snake, anything plastic that i have done.........put on some adhesion first then paint. It goes on clear, dries fairly fast then paint after. Its like a plastic adhesion primmer JM2C

Use an adhesion promoter like Nite Moves mentions ^^^

It holds up great when painting plastic parts....

I used Dupli-Color acrylic lacquer DAL 1679 silver metallic from NAPA on my 1972 Demon grill. It appears to be a perfect match , at least to me on my grill.

-
Back