Grille change Lancer

-

mo-cars

Reaction score
Any one here know what is involved to change the grille on a 62 lancer to a 61. also are the tail light an easy swap .

Looking at my 61 Wagon it looks like it would be a fairly easy exchange. The two grills are similar. On the tail lights, I'm not sure but I don't think they interchange. If you have a 61 housing give it a try. by the way, I see a lot of Aussi A bodies with sunvisors mounted on them. Is their a source for theose over there. I was thinking of putting one on my 61 Lancer wagon.

You would need five pieces: the '61 grill plus left and right headlamp surrounds and bezels. Once you have all these pieces, it's a direct bolt-on swap.

The taillamps are a direct swap whether you want to just use '61 lenses in the '62 housings, or the other way round, or swap complete assemblies.

You would need five pieces: the '61 grill plus left and right headlamp surrounds and bezels. Once you have all these pieces, it's a direct bolt-on swap.

The taillamps are a direct swap whether you want to just use '61 lenses in the '62 housings, or the other way round, or swap complete assemblies.

So the housings interchange?

Yes, the '61 and '62 Lancer taillamp housings are direct swaps for each other. And the '61 and '62 Lancer taillamp lenses can be swapped into each others' housings. Note that left and right are different, as are wagon and non-wagon.

Thanks slantsixdan . The Lancers were never sold new here in Australia , only 4 door Valiants.
I am looking into importing a 61 Lancer Hard Top just need to find a good one , a 62 may be an option ' if it was easy to change over the grille ' hence the question' ' so I assume from your answer that all the mounting points are the same .

In reply to dart4forte , yes the sunvisors were popular in there day , I'm not aware of any reproductions being made but I have seen a few used one's for sale.

-
Back