grille emblem

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the fastener of the "medallion" in the image below. This is the little emblem on the grille of my 70 Duster. Don't really want to tap it and use a washer and nut, what else would work?

Attachments

• grille.pdf
    10.8 KB · Views: 195
Push nuts? Can't see image....
DV_WebLarge_I_KT11262.jpg

The illustration looks more like a speed nut..... Used on the A body scoops, some marker lights etc....

K424.JPG

Those speed nuts may be it. The emblem post has a groove running down it, about one turn around the post. Those common? Hardware store or fastenall or somewhere?

1970 Valiant / Duster grille emblem with nut.

Attachments

• 1970 Valiant Duster grille emblem with nut.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 192
It took me over a year to find mine.....
Keep your eyes open and one will show up...

Attachments

• IMAG0414.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 169
Like they said keep looking....

Every once in a while I would do a internet search on that emblem part number #2949473 and one day it popped up on eBay as a re-pop so I bought one, I don't see any evidence of a mounting nut ever being installed chrome looks new black paint is perfect/new could it possibly been re-chromed and repainted?.... might have but if it was it was a great job so I'm happy, I don't remember how many he had at the time and have never seen them offered again.

*EDIT* Just went back in my records and found the receipt there is no date(it's been a couple years now) on the paypal form I printed off but his eBay company was called AAemblems out of Plantation Florida

[email protected]

I have his phone number but will not put that on here.

There is one on eBay right now but the part number and pins are different, mine(1970 Duster) is just like Alaskan_TA's pic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-70s-7...ash=item1c5e52de9e:g:dJYAAOSwk1JWcOfu&vxp=mtr

-
Back