Grille Help!!

-

jasonhensley

Reaction score
Ok guys here's what I got going on. I got a 72 Demon grille for my 72 Scamp as I did not have a grill for the Scamp. A few weeks ago when I got the grille I just put up till I had time to get to it. It's in great shape, just needs a repaint. As I started to get to work on it today something just wasn't right. So I lined it up and it was not even close to being right. The grille is marked 72 but it's to tall and all the mounting tabs a wrong. No way it will fit. The guy I got it from swore it would bolt right on. So now I have a chance to get a Dart swinger grille now. Will it work? Or should I just try to find a good Scamp grill.:banghead::prayer:

You MUST use a 70-72 Duster/Scamp/Valiant Grille or a 69 Valiant grille. 72 Demon is a 72 Dart and they are way diffrent.

2 of the grilles you can use.

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 174
  • dust.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 166
The guy I got it from swore it would bolt right on.
don't believe everything a guy selling parts says lol.
I don't think a swinger grille would be any better (would fit the same as a Demon grille, I would think), you need a Scamp/Duster (Valiant?) grille...

edit-kegan beat me to it.

if you want to use the dart/demon grille, you need the corresponding fenders, hood, bumper, and lower valance to go with it.

I want to thank you all for the info. This is why I have fallen in love with the forum. Now I just need to find a good grill.:prayer:

Post a picture of the grill

I will in the next day or so. It had been blacked out many years ago. I'm so bummed out. I just put it back it the box and back on the top rack of the shop. I would love to get rid of it, so it's not a constant reminder of money not well spent. I got it for $190 shipped.:banghead:

-
Back