Ground Wire Connection Question

-

sgaugian

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On my 70 Dart I have a single female plug style wire that comes off front running light connection. I have checked the wiring diagram and it shows a ground, which this wire tests correct for. My question is where does the male style plug and wire go. I assume to a ground screw near the radiator, but if anyone has picture showing connection location, I would appreciate the help.
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG

sorry I dont have a picture as my Demon is away for the winter... but does that not go to the top fender turn indicator on some models? Mine looks just like that and is not a ground but a power signal.
Maybe a wire in the wrong socket at the firewall junction?
Good luck,
Joe

Thanks but I don't have top of fender turn signals. Thanks pete9857, this car is also all original. I wait until you get a chance to check.

Pretty sure those are for the indicators and are just built into the harness, have the same on my 74 Dart

Check it for voltage with the lights on and off to be sure of what it is.

^^^^^, the wire will read ground with no power, feeding through the bulb. If it's for fender lights, should be a wire on the other side also

Checked it again with all lights on and it is ground. Also dug into driver side near side light and found same type of female connector and it is ground also. Still not sure why they exist. The car is all original and I have not taken any wires off those connections. I may just put wire on them and run to ground bolt on radiator support.

-
Back