Grudge match

-
Congrats!
Just curious, was he a gracious loser?
He needs 60' e.t., for sure. Those big blocks do come on on the big end, though!
Sounds like a fun competition. It'll make both your cars faster, too.

Congrats!
Just curious, was he a gracious loser?
He needs 60' e.t., for sure. Those big blocks do come on on the big end, though!
Sounds like a fun competition. It'll make both your cars faster, too.

You know he was alright after the second loss and I was trying to help him out with his reaction time and 60foot....but him and my older Brother started meat mouthing eachother and he decided to disconnect his sway bar and do some other stuff to beat me and the third race was still bad even though I red lit it wouldnt have mattered. By the end of the day we were fine, we've known eachother for about 18-20 years. Here's another video of me racing another buddy and his sweet 71 Challenger R/T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G04tvmSccLU

What is your combination?

69 340 .040 over TRW 10.1 comp
stock crank and rods balanced
MP .508 cam in at 106
308 heads non ported with a 2.02 intake valve
1.5 roller rockers
1 5/8 headers 3 inch exhaust
Torker II single plane two inch spacer 750 Holley HP 77/82's 37 squirters
MSD ignition 36 degrees locked out
9 1/2 3400 stall from dynamic stalls around 2800-3000 flashes to 3400
8 3/4 with 4.30 gears and a spool
3150 with me in it
Personally I think it needs a little more gear and converter to put me solidly in the 11's. The car traps at 5800 so a 4.56 would put me a little more in its power band, I'd love the converter to flash 4000 rpm or so.

69 340 .040 over TRW 10.1 comp
stock crank and rods balanced
MP .508 cam in at 106
308 heads non ported with a 2.02 intake valve
1.5 roller rockers
1 5/8 headers 3 inch exhaust
Torker II single plane two inch spacer 750 Holley HP 77/82's 37 squirters
MSD ignition 36 degrees locked out
9 1/2 3400 stall from dynamic stalls around 2800-3000 flashes to 3400
8 3/4 with 4.30 gears and a spool
3150 with me in it
Personally I think it needs a little more gear and converter to put me solidly in the 11's. The car traps at 5800 so a 4.56 would put me a little more in its power band, I'd love the converter to flash 4000 rpm or so.

For some reason I thought you were running a mild stroker. Car runs really good for the combo you have. :thumbrig:

I bet an Air Gap would pick it up a bit. Never been a fan of the torker series intakes on a SB. The II series is better than the original which was smelter material IMHO. Yes some more converter would pick it up.

BTW My aunt used to have balls. She went to Sweden one year :toothy10:

For some reason I thought you were running a mild stroker. Car runs really good for the combo you have. :thumbrig:

I bet an Air Gap would pick it up a bit. Never been a fan of the torker series intakes on a SB. The II series is better than the original which was smelter material IMHO. Yes some more converter would pick it up.

BTW My aunt used to have balls. She went to Sweden one year :toothy10:

Having you been lurking on Moparts again??LOL

About 5 years ago I had a pretty serious stroker in it with a 3.45 arm, R block W-5's, .700 lift roller etc etc, that engine broke waaaayyyy too much so four weeks before my wedding in which my car was suppossed to be the lead and it broke again so I dumped the stroker and built this 340. The machine work was done in a hurry and brother assembled it in his garage. The engine is made up of used parts...the only new components in the engine were the bearings, cam and lifters, and rings. The intake was a freebie so it was used...I used what me and my brother had laying around and its worked out pretty good.

-
Back