GTS ragtop came in the shop for repair

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
If it's a real GTS 383 car then extremely rare. If it's a gt 273 car still cool. They only built a real small # of 67 GTS convertibles.

Carl

Never got a chance to look at it beyond taking the pics. We were pretty busy. I could find out - it'd be interesting to know.

The V8 emblem makes me think dart GT. Always loved the 67s with Cragars. That is a sweet looking car

Yeah, if it's a real GTS has to be 383. Very rare, only around 20 383 verts made in '67.

I found a real GTS 4spd vert in a smaller JY and purchased it years ago. Resold it as I have to many projects. It was VERY lucky to be saved!!! The old guy put my name and number in his book as wanting it, he wouldn't take a deposit as it was buried in a sea of cars. I contemplated many ways to get it out as the old guy no longer had any running equipment! I was there several times over he next couple of years trying to figure a way out! Then one day I get a call from his son inlaw. They found the old guy dead in the yard while chopping wood. Son inlaw says if you want to car get there ASAP. Grabbed my friends trailer, when I got there I was floored to find 95% of the cars gone crushed for scrap! The GTS was now all alone with no cars around it!! The company taking the cars had a machine there, we ran straps under it and hoisted onto my trailer!!! Once the old guy died the wife said crush them all.....what a shame there was some cool mopars in there, a couple of '70 Coronet wagons with lots of parts, '68 Dart I got the grill, just some cool old cars!!!!!!! BUT the GTS vert was saved in time, I believe there are only like 4 or 5 known to exist at this time.

You ever look at a post and realize they are talking about your car??? Well, I just did.

It is NOT a GTS by any means. Just a poor little GT 273-2Bbl.

Someday, hopefully more potent than that though :)

The funniest part is I thought to myself - huh, I have never seen one the same color as mine before........

Greg - it is I. I thought you knew that I had sold the Cuda and picked up the ragtop. I found the car out west - a lifetime high desert car. Same lady had it 36 years and it was absolutely babied and other than the color, is pretty much original. I added some +1 springs and the Cragar's and will soon be looking to add a little oomph to the 273.

They had the motor rebuilt about 20 years ago (5,000 miles ago) and must have altered the throttle cable and bracketry for the carb, as we can only get about 75% full throttle out of it. I messed with it some, and was going to have your guys take a look, but have decided to switch over to a 4-Bbl setup.

We can build you a nice little 408 stroker like mine. As the sign said in Mad Max - Speed is a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

-
Back