GTS`s- What are they selling for?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
With the economy in the gutter as it is, what would you expect to pay for an original and complete 68 GTS with a 340, A/T, P/S?

In what condition?

from 500 bucks to a few thousands.......

True.

But i think that if you found GTS for 500$ complete and original, that persons gotta be smoking some crack or not know jack about it

with no description of condition it can be complete...with rust....

just asking what a car is worth...is worthless unless the condition is known....i can pull a number out my azz ...........

Original, complete, clean but unrestored. Everything is there and needs virtually nothing. No rust and original paint.

Id have to say it is worth $8-14k depending if its running and driving and how good of shape its in
Just my 2 cents

I think it depends on several things.

Is it a convertible?

What color is it?

Is it an unrestored/survivor?

Is it restored correct and numbers matching?

I may be biased because I own two BB a bodies but I think the numbers everyone throws around are sometimes a little low especially if the car is done correct, matching numbers and a conv. If you look at the prices in some of the price guides they often will quote prices that I think are frankly a little low. I mean looking at a book and seeing a price is quite different than finding the right car for sale at that price. Even in a depressed market the more rare desireable cars bring decent money. I think that these cars don't drop percentage wise as much as the rare big dollar cars E's and B's because their values are not as inflated when the market is high.

Keep in mind these numbers reflect correctly restored matching numbers high #2 cars.
1967 GTS 4 speed $40,000
1967 GTS automatic $35,000
1967 GTS Conv?? Not sure Ultra rare but I'll say $55,000
1968 GTS 340 4 speed $42,000
1968 GTS 340 automatic $37,000
1968 GTS 383 4 speed $45,000
1968 GTS 383 automatic $40,000
conv. Add $7,000-$10,000
1969 GTS 340 4 speed $43,000
1969 GTS 340 automatic $38,000
1969 GTS 383 4 speed $48,000
1969 GTS 383 automatic $43,000
conv. Add $7,000-$10,000
1969 M code $60,000

I think that if you're talking 1967-69 Barracudas you would have to add $3,000 - $5,000 to each category increased desireability. I'd be interested on what other people think about this thread. Please people chime in with your opinons?

When I`m buying it`s one thing and when I`m selling it`s another. :D

I appreciate the input.

No problem. Im sure as tomorrow rolls in there will be better input.

No offense at you sir for the low numbers. As he said unrestored automatic car. I just wouldnt pay over $10k for a nonrunning 68 GTS 340 Auto car nonvert. Just my 2 cents. No offense meant by it

Longgone,

When you say it is complete, no rust, original paint and needs nothing. what exactly does that mean? Is it a 4 speed or automatic 383 or 340 car?
I think if the car is presentable, fully functionable, but has original tired 40+ yr old paint 4 speed and 383 than you"re talking at least $18,000. I say that for a few reasons:
The parts and motor alone on the car are worth $10,000 than you have to consider an original rust free body.
You know that to restore the car correct you'll probably loose some money. It still is the best investment in an A body. They really have no where to go but up in the future. I mean a real nice correct paint job is at least $7,000 to $8,000.
Keep in mind that these don't come along very often especially if they are complete. I say if the price is right jump on it. It will only be more expensive in a few years.

Carl

Longgone,

Sorry about that I didn't read your first post carefully. You said 340 AT car. I think that lowers the price about $5,000. I'd say about $13,000.

Carl

Just my 2 cents.

It`s a 340 automatic car. Power steering with no other high dollar options. It`s a hardtop, original white paint with black bumblebee stripe. 83K miles. I like the fact that it`s unrestored and if I were to buy it, I would really like to keep it that way. I think that`s one of the most attractive things about it.

Ther is one listed in mopar collectors guide that is close to the descripton you posted. It is listed for $16.500.oo

Cars just aren't selling now, even when people are basically giving them away compared to 2007. I've seen some pretty darned nice cars selling for 8-12,000. Without more information, it's hard to say. I guess it depends on how motivated the seller is. They can sit on it for a long time if they want top dollar. The investors that were driving the prices of our hobby sky-high are gone for now, and I don't miss them. Unfortunately, those of us left eitehr have too many cars as it is, or no liquid cash to play with.

Without more details, like detailed interior, exterior condition, compression test, oil pressure test, etc, it's hard to guess. Is it matching numbers? I would throw out the 8-12,000 dollar guess if it's in really nice driver condition. Probably less if the seller is motivated.

you and I have exchanged PMs and posts for about a year. Over the winter I was doing Doug's/Pypes and needed the Z bar mod....maybe we conversed on SBP 15" wheels....don't remember.

I was originally "out there" looking for my childhood dream "B" body (GTX/RR/Super Bee), when I stumbled across the GTS I have now. PO had it for 15 years, did SOOOO much work to it, but suffice to say (the reality is), it's a a great driver and the PO lost a lot of money he sunk into it.

I could go on with the list of what's been done, but looking at it, it's a 73K mile 340 GTS (date correct, not numbers matching) 4 speed. The trans/RR are numbers matching. Black/Black/Red bumble bee stripe. Have build sheet and tag. It had seat covers/carpet done, but it has to come out to do sound deadening/seat belts and a headliner w/ windshield.

I paid $7K for it last Fall and hauled it home. Could I sell it for more? Maybe (but I don't want to). How many folks are going to show up in someone's driveway (with the economy etc.) with the dollars a lot of "collectors" are asking?

It's a buyers market......

Just my $.02

Id have to say it is worth $8-14k depending if its running and driving and how good of shape its in
Just my 2 cents

8 to 14 ? i think I would have to see it before I could put a number to it..... If its something you really like over paying is not a bad thing.... trust me... I have done it before and will do it again!

For me, the value of a car is primarily based on two things. #1, is it a REAL muscle car (340 Dart vs. 318 car with 340) and #2, is the car #'s matching. After that I break it down by overall condition of the body and then the component that make the car valuable. Are the correct parts present and are they useable.
It sounds like the car you are asking about is a complete, drive quality car. One that you can put plates and insurance on and drive, today. If that's the case, I would think the car you are looking at has to be worth at least $12k, bottom dollar. Not saying it will fetch that, just that if it were mine, It would take that much to get it from me.
I have a 68 Dart GTS, 340 automatic car that is complete, has everything it should have but is not running (top end removed, but did run) and has a little rust in the quarters and overall looks ragged. I was recently told that it was worth $5-$6k in today market. Well, I sure wouldn't sell it for that so I guess the market is flawed. If I saw complete #'s matching examples all over I might agree and sell it for that.

8 to 14 ? i think I would have to see it before I could put a number to it..... If its something you really like over paying is not a bad thing.... trust me... I have done it before and will do it again!
More or less a ballpark number. As I said. Someone more knowledgable as yourself would chime in with a correct value. My bad.

Hey John, I'll save you some stress and grief. PM me were it's at and I'll buy it to so you won't have to. Jeff

1967 GTS Conv?? Not sure Ultra rare but I'll say $55,000

My boss has a legit 1967 GTS 383 4 speed with numbers matching drive train & doc. but it's one of the crustiest cars you will ever seen so he pulled the drive train and tags to eventually re-body it. 8)

My boss has a legit 1967 GTS 383 4 speed with numbers matching drive train & doc. but it's one of the crustiest cars you will ever seen so he pulled the drive train and tags to eventually re-body it. 8)

Sounds like an upstanding guy

-
Back