Guess a welcome is due again...

-

dusterman440

Racing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been on the site for many years, and created account a few years after that... but after many years of being without an A-body of my own, I finally bought my first one!! So here's how to story begins...

Well I sold my built 92' Galant VR-4 (313/1000), a few weeks back and have been on the search for an A-body Mopar to fill the void, saw a few cars just none really grabbed me... that was until I came across this factory fresh 67' Plymouth Valiant!! With a mere 12,5xx miles on a matching #'s slant 6, how could I not make the trek to ohio!

It turned out to be just as clean in person, and had plenty of documentation to prove it truly was 12k miles. Felt like Finnegan and Freiburger, as I drove this the 300 miles back between Ohio and Auburn Hills, MI. I was amazed to have no issues besides a slight coolant temp issue(turned out to be a backwards thermostat that had also siezed up).

I got some fun build plans to make this boring slant 6 car into a hellish street sleeper!! Here's some teaser photos, and I'll get the rest posted when I finish the edits!

iNiYsXf.jpg

pdfx9iZ.jpg

zPnLsPw.jpg

*I'm sure I'll be pissing a lot of you off by building this low mileage car, but it's only a slant 6 car... Also I will be doing it in a modest way, I will not be tubbing it, no rollcage, or anything like that; The most "Oh my god" thing will likely be using subframe connectors...

Welcome!! Keep us in mind for engines and engine parts! I can help wake that clean cruiser right up!! ;) my dart was also a slant six, low mileage ohio car when I got it.

I'll keep you in mind, although I'll likely be building the motor with my brother as we both have good deal of experience in different areas, although he definitely has me beat on short blocks after working for a Mopar speed shop out of Indy...

Great looking little toy there!

Take care of her!

Well finally got around to the photos from cruising the local college campus last week! It desperately needs some tasteful modifications, but definitely enjoying the car in the mean time!

VW6sNDv.jpg

9nMpVxx.jpg

jE354Tc.jpg

gCILEgz.jpg

s9Z5dya.jpg

OOeBnym.jpg

KpTSCXv.jpg

baKDRD7.jpg

Slants can run real well! I used to race against this guy, his car is consistent as hell, he beat me more times than I beat him back in the day.

Last edited:
Well I've put on roughly 2,000 miles on the car since buying it(Don't worry I'm a detailing nut so it's well taken care of despite the mileage I'm putting on)! I was cruising Woodward Ave roughly every weekend with a few other a-bodies, but recently brought it to Illinois and had the opportunity to finally cruise with my old man and his 73' cuda! Hit a local car-hop cruise spot and a local show!!
3umvdVN.jpg

My76x6H.jpg

SkkRt9g.jpg

lugEFfg.jpg

HFoAXxZ.jpg

Beautiful car!
Welcome back!
(First thing i would lose is the hub caps..............)

@Dartnut Hoping to pick up a set of Wheel Vintique 15" replica mopar steelies with the baby moons sometime this month, 255/60/15 et street s/s in back and 195/55/15 BFG Sport Comp 2s up front... Should vastly help the look of the car, the tire is definitely overkill but it'll get some power eventually!

-
Back