Guide to Poverty Cap Applications

-
Thank you.
Odd the 67 fastback had full covers standard, iirc they look the same as those used on the 70s Darts.
68 no mention of fastback.

So, I'm guessing the few that told me my dogs weren't correct for 67 had no idea they were right, as I have a fastback and they never mentioned fastback only.

20220228_165314.jpg

Thank you.
Odd the 67 fastback had full covers standard, iirc they look the same as those used on the 70s Darts.
68 no mention of fastback.

So, I'm guessing the few that told me my dogs weren't correct for 67 had no idea they were right, as I have a fastback and they never mentioned fastback only.

View attachment 1715879374
Were your wheels body color?
Someone could have ordered it with the dog dish or they were swapped out later.

Alan

Wheel covers and dog dish caps are on the broadcast sheet along with the wheel color.

Alan

Got it from second owner with Cragars, which is how he got it.
No BS, I have IBM card, nothing in hub caps/whl, cvrs section. Car was ordered with only 4 options.

Interesting, could order dog dish, wheel color would have been body color I guess.

I know this thread went off the rails a bit, but I'm glad to get clarity on the 67 dogs.

So we are only talking about the small caps, not the full caps. I had a friend that called them taxi cab hub caps.

The official name is hub caps. But since that has been confused with full wheelcovers for a century now, it's best to use a different name to avoid confusion. Dog dish caps & poverty caps are other names for them, and I prefer the latter, but either one works.

-
Back