Guitar???

-
ive been playing for 20 years or so. Right now ive got an Ibanez RGT42 . Love that thing. amps- a 5150 and a home built 50w tube head. As a hobby a build/mod/repair guitar amps.

Players i dig :

jason becker
YJM
john pettrucci
blues saraceno
vinnie moore
joe bonamassa
hendrix
old EVH
uli jon roth
chris amott
mike amott
george lynch
jake e. lee
any good classical or flaminco player
paul gilbert
adrian vandenberg

etc.....

check this kid out ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvx6rIAL-_I

What a great thread.
There are so many musicians here.
I can't play very long anymore but I sure can enjoy listening
and watching with a big smile on my face.
Thanks for sharing so much talent and fun.
My old bass and I get to share time together know and then.
But I am a drummer by hart.
Music fills my mind around the house on the hill and the tv gets
turned on when the wife gets home most of the time.
I can't get enough of Eric Clapton or S.R.V. Santana and many more to mention that fills my hart and soul.
Thanks again for a great thread and videos :cheers:

Nice equipment. Just curious I used to have a JMP 100 watt lead head that was identical to the Marshal you have pictured there eccept mine only had 2 inputs not the 4. I have never seen a JMP head like mine. either they have 2 inputs and the light up plastic power switches or they have 4 input and the metal toggles swtiches with the little square light. Never 2 inputs and the toggles with square light. Do you know why this is or have any info about it. I have looked even at Marshall history websites and nothing. thanx.

Marshall changed things up a bit--seems like random sometimes. If yours said JMP on the front, and had 2 ins and metal toggle / standby ....id say it was around a 75-77' .

ive had a 78 JMP-had 2 ins and the plastic switches . Also had a 73' with 4 ins and metal toggles .

Theres a gray area with those amps----which is just another "cool" factor about them. I havent seen a 2 input with the square indicator myself !

By the way---if any of you have older tube amps that need servicing / re-capped/ rebuilt / modded etc...

Thats my hobby and "part-time side job" . If you cant find anyone local that does great work , send me a pm . I can also provide references .

8)

Ok. John did it so I guess I can too. Old me vs. current me. Actually, I guess current me is old me.

In 12th grade, playing at a gig on my then 2 year old Les Paul Custom through the Marshall that I
recently sold. This was after getting my hair cut for senior pictures. A lot of good that did.

1980.jpg

And sometime last year playing around in the basement on the DT650 I also sold. The print of the
Bismarck over my shoulder hints at my other hobby. History.

2007.jpg

wow-----that old Carvin doubleneck has got to be worth something !!

Do you play or are you an engineer?

I'm mainly a Muscian but i do know how to edit and clean tracks up a little...
Most of my friends bring me they're crap demo and i'll fix it up for them!!!
Personally i think im horriable at it but it sounds a WHOLE lot better than when they brought it to me :toothy10:!

As far as playing...I never got the hang of having the left hand and the right hand doing two different things at the same time. I always have to stop pickin' with the right hand and watch where I was putting my fingers on the left hand. Kinda kills the flow. But I DO enjoy good guitar. Two of my favorites are Brian May (QUEEN) and Mr. B.B. King hisself. I've been lucky enough to see B.B. a number of times and absolutely adore him.

ive been playing for 20 years or so. Right now ive got an Ibanez RGT42 . Love that thing. amps- a 5150 and a home built 50w tube head. As a hobby a build/mod/repair guitar amps.

Hey I just bought a tweed princeton kit from Weber and I was wondering if you had any advice on building it? This is my first amp build

cool Adam----did you mount the sonic maximizer in that VL head ? or am i seeing things ?

Yes, I did. Im to cheap to buy a rack especially for 1 piece, LOL It works great on the Ampeg. I tried it on my Valve state and it made no difference at all.

2shelbys - holy crap something we actually agree on - Marshall amplification.

Won't bore you with who I like, my tastes are more toward the punk rock side of things.

Heres my junk. '79 LP Standard, (my pride and joy - I will NEVER get rid of it) '83 JCM 800 MKII 100 W Lead, M.V., '03 LP Melody maker w/P90, (killer guitar) '83 Fender Champ II 18W, (Rivera designed), '70's vintage MXR EQ, '80s ProCo Rat and MXR re-issue Dist. +

JCM.jpg

LP.jpg

MM.jpg

Champ.jpg

Pedals.jpg

Picked this up today ,ordered it 7 week ago. Doing what I can for economy/myself.

jeep and dodge and puffin 020.jpg

2shelbys - holy crap something we actually agree on - Marshall amplification.

Won't bore you with who I like, my tastes are more toward the punk rock side of things.

Heres my junk. '79 LP Standard, (my pride and joy - I will NEVER get rid of it) '83 JCM 800 MKII 100 W Lead, M.V., '03 LP Melody maker w/P90, (killer guitar) '83 Fender Champ II 18W, (Rivera designed), '70's vintage MXR EQ, '80s ProCo Rat and MXR re-issue Dist. +
That and cars my friend. Nice stuff. I was thinking about picking up a Melody Maker myself. Great little guitars. I would prefer a vintage one but man, the new ones are below $400. A new Gibson for under $400! Wow.

That and cars my friend. Nice stuff. I was thinking about picking up a Melody Maker myself. Great little guitars. I would prefer a vintage one but man, the new ones are below $400. A new Gibson for under $400! Wow.

Get one! The MM has blown me away. I highly recommend it, you can get so many tones from it and it's so simple. It's not as 'thick' as a humbucker, but it growls something mean, especially through the Champ. I got mine on the 'bay for $330. The only thing I would prefer is that it was a double cut but that's a nit pick. They got the '03-'05 ones right, the newer ones fall short.

Get one! The MM has blown me away. I highly recommend it, you can get so many tones from it and it's so simple. It's not as 'thick' as a humbucker, but it growls something mean, especially through the Champ. I got mine on the 'bay for $330. The only thing I would prefer is that it was a double cut but that's a nit pick. They got the '03-'05 ones right, the newer ones fall short.
I have heard that the new Les Pauls with the cavities in the bodies are a dissapointment too. I haven't played any of them though.

wow-----that old Carvin doubleneck has got to be worth something !!
I bought it for $600 in 1979 to play Xanadu by Rush and Starship Trooper by Yes in my band and sold it this past summer for just under $1,600. It was a '78 DT-650. I bought my '73 Marshall half stack for $700 in 1977 and sold it this past summer for just under $4,000. Who knew back then that I was making wise investments? I strive to keep all my stuff mint and it pays off.

my guitar iv benn playing for 8 years
HPIM0520.jpg

i will post the rest of my guitars later tonight

WOW-----

i had that same guitar in about 94'----had the "mirror" pickguard

i believe it was a RG350 ? maybe a RG450 , they changed the number around the mid 90's.

Love the Ibanez stuff.

Hey I just bought a tweed princeton kit from Weber and I was wondering if you had any advice on building it? This is my first amp build

well.......theres a lot to it. How detailed are the instructions? I hope they are VERY detailed. Some parts of that circuit will develop around 450 volts.

I can help out as much as possible online i guess...........be carefull...

email me at 493dart at gmail.com

im a bit of a punk rocker myself rmcharger

I see that! You look a little like a younger Mike Ness in glasses with that hat. I like your safety orange room too. Or is that hemi orange?

I grew up going to see bands like the Necros, Circle Jerks, Black Flag blah blah blah. All the usual suspects and many obscure ones too. That's a lot of where my guitar style runs - more of a general sound as opposed to individual guitar players. I do like all kinds of music though beyond punk rock. Surf and instrumental music has inspired me to learn more on the guitar in recent years - Dick Dale, Lively Ones, Duane Eddy etc.

dude hell yea man i can play a few dick dale songs
yes thats hemi orange lol
i lissin to all kinds of stuff
punk
classic
thrash
regga
90 alternative
huge circle jerks fan lol

Ok I will give ya all a peek at my old cheapo. It sounds real awesome for a lower line guitar.

1990 Peavey Tracer (not the Tracer II)

P1010309.jpg

P1010308.jpg

Never had it hooked to a stack....would love to though .

-RPM

-
Back